Can i restart the pbxnsip plug from UI?

mattlandis

Can we restart the plug pbxnsip from the web interface?

Yes you can. If you go to the admin/configuration page you can schedule a reboot at next convenience (when there is no call going on) or at midnight. That will reboot the whole system. Works in Linux, Windows and also MAC and FreeBSD.

• 1 month later...
Didn't the Admin-Settings->Configuration:Schedule reboot section work for you? BTW, that can take upto 15 minutes (i.e., we look for the "next occasion" every 15/30/45/00 minutes)

Thanks for that clarification. It sounds like next occassion means "on the quarter hour".

I didn't test it...i have a hard time waiting on anything!! ;-)

#1-So, to clarify, this is JUST restarting the pbxnsip SERVICE?

#2-is this designed to work on mac, linux AND windows? ;-)

thanks for clarification...take care

matt

Thanks for that clarification. It sounds like next occassion means "on the quarter hour".

I didn't test it...i have a hard time waiting on anything!! ;-)

#1-So, to clarify, this is JUST restarting the pbxnsip SERVICE?

#2-is this designed to work on mac, linux AND windows? ;-)

thanks for clarification...take care

matt

It is intended to reboot the server not just restart the service. Yes it for all OS.

It is intended to reboot the server not just restart the service. Yes it for all OS.

a button to JUST restart the service would make my life easier.

Could it be considered?

I battled and battled for this over at the --name removed-- phone system forum and it was finally put in the product with an outpouring of thanks from the partners and admins. Admittedly that system required many more services restarted (thats all I'll allow myself to say ;-) With pbxnsip this is one of the few reasons you need to RDP into a server.

Give it some thought. A "restart service now" button would be great. A "restart server now" would be great. This delayed restart till no calls in progress is good idea, but just restart sometime in next 15 minutes is kinda strange? Most good appliances have a "restart now" button.

take care

Matt

We also had that idea... The problem is that it is not so easy to perform such a restart. Restarting the whole system is easier, in Linux as well as Windows.

The only thing that we could do is just terminate the PBX process and hope that some external service manager will automatically restart it eventually. But I am not sure if we are creating trouble tickets with that and potentially even serious problems of people shutting critical services down on purpose.