V4 beta from site not installing

Leonmeijer

Hello all,

I receive an error at the end of the installation of PBXnSIP 4 beta, the windows app log shows:

Product: PBX -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action _0CF9C641_7AE5_407D_8D5B_CDE6A976C38A, location: C:\Program Files\pbxnsip\PBX\pbxctrl.exe, command: --dir "C:\Program Files\pbxnsip\PBX" --service-install

The error message popsup is " There is a problem with this Windows Installer pacage. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

When I click OK the setup rolls back.

When trying a manual update, the PBX service is unable to start. So now i'm back at the latest 3.4.

The .net installer completed succesfull. I have the latest windows installer. Trying to install on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition English 32 bit.

It's an old compaq DeskPro system Pentium III 800Mhz 384MB of memory.

Andy ideas what might cause this problem?

Hello all,

I receive an error at the end of the installation of PBXnSIP 4 beta, the windows app log shows:

Product: PBX -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action _0CF9C641_7AE5_407D_8D5B_CDE6A976C38A, location: C:\Program Files\pbxnsip\PBX\pbxctrl.exe, command: --dir "C:\Program Files\pbxnsip\PBX" --service-install

The error message popsup is " There is a problem with this Windows Installer pacage. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

When I click OK the setup rolls back.

When trying a manual update, the PBX service is unable to start. So now i'm back at the latest 3.4.

The .net installer completed succesfull. I have the latest windows installer. Trying to install on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition English 32 bit.

It's an old compaq DeskPro system Pentium III 800Mhz 384MB of memory.

Andy ideas what might cause this problem?

Not sure. We have installed it on a windows server 2003 (32 bit) here and it installs fine.

Make sure none of the ports that PBX needs are in use (port 80, 5060 etc). Other than that, there are no restrictions.

Not sure. We have installed it on a windows server 2003 (32 bit) here and it installs fine.

Make sure none of the ports that PBX needs are in use (port 80, 5060 etc). Other than that, there are no restrictions.

I've configured the web interface to run on port 800 because the webserver uses port 80 and 443, does the new version maybe use port 443 too, and if so, how can I change it then, all other ports are useable for PBXnSIP.

Leon

I tried disabling Apache and all other software that is using "ports" also the FireWall but still the PBX is not updating / installing. Still the "Service does not respond to the control function" error when typting net start "pbxnsip pbx" on updating...

Same Error trying to start V4 service replacing pbxctrl.exe with V4 version

Same error as above on full installation of V4 Beta after removing 3.4

Test Lab Server: Dell 1650 Server - Dual P3 1.4Ghz - 4Gb RAM - 32Bit Windows Server 2003

No services running using any common web or pbx ports

V3.4 re-installs and runs fine.

Actually, you must have Pentium 4 at least. We turned on SSE2 instruction set, hoping that the codec processing would be a little faster. However, seems that there are still Pentium 3 out there, so might might have to give up on that plan.

Yeah, why givin' up the good old stuff if it just works fine ;)

Only thing I found at the moment is that the pbx software "stops" at memory address 00546838, looking there with the debugger shows the processorcode (assembly) to be screwed up, and an " Invalid Instruction " error returns and then the program shuts down.

Yeah, why givin' up the good old stuff if it just works fine ;)

Only thing I found at the moment is that the pbx software "stops" at memory address 00546838, looking there with the debugger shows the processorcode (assembly) to be screwed up, and an " Invalid Instruction " error returns and then the program shuts down.

http://pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-4.0.1.3430.exe should take care of Pentium III processor issue.

BTW, this is just the update exe.

my opinon is that it would be okay to stop supporting old technology...but it should be planned and communicated...just my thot...

Matt

I agree, if SSE2 makes a major difference, then fantastic we should do it, but there are plenty of reliable older boxes around so its tough to wipe them all out for the sake of a few more calls per box.

A great option would be for SSE(PIII+) or SSE2(P4+) to be admin selectable in preferences, This way upgrading an older server to a newer platform would be pretty painless. With the default being SSE for compatibility.

Testing build 3430 now, thank you!

Cheers,

Marcus.