Out going call disconnects after 6 rings / 30 seconds

voipguy

Hi,

We are using PBXNSIP version 4.0.1.3433 on Centos.

When I pickup my SNOM 370 and dial a number I hear about 6 rings (30 seconds) and then the call gets disconnected and I see on my display a message "Request time out" and I hear a fast busy signal.

I believe it's PBXNSIP that is sending the disconnect request. It's not my SIP proxy server or my termination provider. I also made a test call from a Linksys 2102 adapter with the same results so that tells me it's not the SNOM 370 phone.

Is this a bug in version 4 or a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks

In case anyone else is reading this - support advised me the system waits about 30 seconds and if doesn't get a answer/connect they disconnect the call - they will be making this a setting in the next release so we can give longer then 30 seconds before hanging up.

Hi pbxnsip,

The 4.0.1.3440 does fix the 6 rings/30 disc propblem but that version introduces a new bigger bug - people calling into PBXNSIP can leave messages but when the mail box owner/user tries to listen to the messages it won't play the message....the message does get recorded because it also emails it - you just can't retrieve it from the phone. I had to go back to 4.0.1.3438

Hi pbxnsip,

The 4.0.1.3440 does fix the 6 rings/30 disc propblem but that version introduces a new bigger bug - people calling into PBXNSIP can leave messages but when the mail box owner/user tries to listen to the messages it won't play the message....the message does get recorded because it also emails it - you just can't retrieve it from the phone. I had to go back to 4.0.1.3438

We do have this version running without any problem. Any specific user or everyone?

We do have this version running without any problem. Any specific user or everyone?

It happens with all users/mail boxes. Soon as we went back to version 4.0.1.3438 and tested it again it worked, so it looks like something in ver 4.0.1.3440 is causing the problem.

In case anyone else is reading this - support advised me the system waits about 30 seconds and if doesn't get a answer/connect they disconnect the call - they will be making this a setting in the next release so we can give longer then 30 seconds before hanging up.

The 30 seconds/6 rings then disconnect that was fixed/working in version 4.0.1.3440 is now not working in version 4.0.1.3442.

Can anyone else confirm/test this?

I made sure the new setting "Maximum ring duration" was set to 60 seconds - also made sure it was in my pbx.xml file - even restarted my system and call gets disconnected after 30 seconds/6 rings.

The 30 seconds/6 rings then disconnect that was fixed/working in version 4.0.1.3440 is now not working in version 4.0.1.3442.

Can anyone else confirm/test this?

I made sure the new setting "Maximum ring duration" was set to 60 seconds - also made sure it was in my pbx.xml file - even restarted my system and call gets disconnected after 30 seconds/6 rings.

This happens out outbound trunk calls, right? Seems when calling an extension it works. There is still a gremlin hiding in there.