V3 vs v4 behavior Question

andrewgroup

example Extension 204 has a button Appearance for EXT 201

A call is placed to a DID that goes to extension 201

Pick up that call at EXT 204, and the settings for EXT 204 says send call record for all calls...

So the call record intended for Extension 201 and it's DID number appears as a call record and is send to the email address of the EXT 204 user....

I would think the call record would go to the original EXT 201....

Seems Odd behavior.

Really a good question... The question is what we want to achieve with the call recording. Supervising a person (then we would have to record if the picking up extension has recording set) or supervising an extension/function (then we would have to record the original destination). I would lean to the latter. Supervising persons is something for the police; I think we are more function oriented. For this approach also speaks that we want to continue with the recording after a transfer.

Trying to interpret your view, but the call picked up on extension appearence on the remote phone was still bound for 201 and all 201 settings should apply. Understanding and explaining the current behavior to a paying client is far more difficult, and is bound to cause confusion and concern than the desired functionality.

The came about after hours when I took an important and private call in our offices at a staff members desk and discussed private matters related to a staffer. That call record was then was sent to the very staff members email. Needless to say, not good. Cheers.

The came about after hours when I took an important and private call in our offices at a staff members desk and discussed private matters related to a staffer. That call record was then was sent to the very staff members email. Needless to say, not good. Cheers.

Ouch. That is convincing.