Don't run ver 4.0.1.3442 centos - not stable

voipguy

I know were still in beta and I was running the latest ver 4.0.1.3442 but after 3 days it just crashed 5 minutes ago.

I noticed with this version when I try to start the service it takes a few trys before it loads - very strange - other versions don't have this startup problem - anyway 3 days later (today) it just wouldn't respond - I could see the service was still running but no phones could register and the web interface would not load/respond.

I recommend going back to version 4.0.1.3438, if your only running G711 then ver 4.0.1.3440 works as well.

I know were still in beta and I was running the latest ver 4.0.1.3442 but after 3 days it just crashed 5 minutes ago.

I noticed with this version when I try to start the service it takes a few trys before it loads - very strange - other versions don't have this startup problem - anyway 3 days later (today) it just wouldn't respond - I could see the service was still running but no phones could register and the web interface would not load/respond.

I recommend going back to version 4.0.1.3438, if your only running G711 then ver 4.0.1.3440 works as well.

This version performs the delayed loading of the CDR records. That might be the reason why it behaves a little stange.

The other thing is that the 32-bit versions have a limitation regarding the number of open TCP connections (HTTP or SIP). Once you get over 250 connections, you might run out of virtual memory. For that we are preparing the 64-bit versions right now.

Apart from that, if you can get a core dump it would help to see where it was causing a problem.

This version performs the delayed loading of the CDR records. That might be the reason why it behaves a little stange.

The other thing is that the 32-bit versions have a limitation regarding the number of open TCP connections (HTTP or SIP). Once you get over 250 connections, you might run out of virtual memory. For that we are preparing the 64-bit versions right now.

Apart from that, if you can get a core dump it would help to see where it was causing a problem.

ok that explains the slow startup.

We have less then 30 connections (HTTP or SIP)....so that definitly wasn't the problem.

We are using Linux 64 bit.

Can you release the download links so I can test this weekend?

Thanks

So are you using a 64-bit build? Or a 32-bit build? Not sure if that can cause an issue.

I'm using Linux 64 bit OS and donwloaded the PBXNSIP Centos 4.0.1.3442 from pbxnsip.com so I'm not sure if the 4.0.1.3442 was 32 bit or 64 bit.

Maybe that could have been the problem?

Did you guys ever put out a 64 bit pbxnsip centos version before?

Did you guys ever put out a 64 bit pbxnsip centos version before?

Actually a good question, I doubt it. I am not the big expert to know if there are any issues running 32-bit code in a 64-bit environment that would explain such a crash. So far we did not hear about crashed from other sources, so yea maybe there is a issue.

3442 wont even start for me (on our dev box)

Hi nexSIP,

It takes 2 tries for me when I try to start 4.0.1.3442. I was told with this version it's a delayed start because it now first loads the CDR's.

version 4.0.1.3446 can be found here:

http://pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-centos5-4.0.1.3446

I tested it and it fixes a few things.

1. the 30 second/6 ring disconnect issue

2. you can now login with just the 10 digit telephone number and password....you don't need the @domain.

3. the end user can now change their own web password

4. looks like the missed calls tab now displays missed calls. (still buggy)

5. plus a few GUI changes

It took me 2 starts before the ap would load.

4.0.1.3446 is looking great so far.