Jump to content

csv import and account number field


vichy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

This has been happening for quite some time...I just havent got around to mentioning it.

 

I am still using v3.4.3201 WIN32 but have always had "glitchyness" when using the CSV upload tool to create extensions.

 

The main issue is, if I upload an extension with multiple account numbers/aliases sometimes the system interprets them as one string.

 

For instance, I may upload my account numbers (;alias; field) as ;8005551234 866551234; and they occasionally get imported as one long string with a space....instead of "8005551234" "8665551234".

 

I then have to go back, open each record...delete the second alias, Save, re-type and save again in order for the two numbers to work properly.

 

In addition to this the following fields do not seem to ever work:

 

;dialplan; - even though I specify a dial plan...it stays at "Default"

;mb-enable; - Mailbox stays enabled even though I specify "FALSE"

;mwi; - Send MWI stays on despite the vlaue "FALSE"

same thing with ;email_missed;email_status;

 

Other then that, I dont use the other fields so I am not sure what else may not be working properly. I just wanted to bring it to your attention since your working through v4 and may not have known this was a problem

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

 

This has been happening for quite some time...I just havent got around to mentioning it.

 

I am still using v3.4.3201 WIN32 but have always had "glitchyness" when using the CSV upload tool to create extensions.

 

The main issue is, if I upload an extension with multiple account numbers/aliases sometimes the system interprets them as one string.

 

For instance, I may upload my account numbers (;alias; field) as ;8005551234 866551234; and they occasionally get imported as one long string with a space....instead of "8005551234" "8665551234".

 

I then have to go back, open each record...delete the second alias, Save, re-type and save again in order for the two numbers to work properly.

 

In addition to this the following fields do not seem to ever work:

 

;dialplan; - even though I specify a dial plan...it stays at "Default"

;mb-enable; - Mailbox stays enabled even though I specify "FALSE"

;mwi; - Send MWI stays on despite the vlaue "FALSE"

same thing with ;email_missed;email_status;

 

Other then that, I dont use the other fields so I am not sure what else may not be working properly. I just wanted to bring it to your attention since your working through v4 and may not have known this was a problem

 

Thanks

 

Take a look at the below help link

 

http://pbxnsipsupport.com/index.php?_m=kno...kbarticleid=686

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

Thanks for the link. I should reiterate though that I do not need help in importing via csv. I was letting you know that there are bugs with it.

 

I've been importing both extensions and ivr nodes via csv (about 50 per month) for the last 2 years, and this has always been a problem.

 

I normally import the following:

 

type;dial_plan;alias;first_name;mb_enable;mwi;cfa;email_missed;email_status;code

cs

 

Everything except what I mentioned in my first post works just fine.

 

I found the column names from here:

 

http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Access_to_the_Database

 

perhaps these lists are no longer valid?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the link. I should reiterate though that I do not need help in importing via csv. I was letting you know that there are bugs with it.

 

I've been importing both extensions and ivr nodes via csv (about 50 per month) for the last 2 years, and this has always been a problem.

 

I normally import the following:

 

type;dial_plan;alias;first_name;mb_enable;mwi;cfa;email_missed;email_status;code

cs

 

Everything except what I mentioned in my first post works just fine.

 

I found the column names from here:

 

http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Access_to_the_Database

 

perhaps these lists are no longer valid?

 

 

type;dial_plan;alias;first_name;mb_enable;mwi;cfa;email_missed;email_status

extensions;dp1;43;vicky3;false;false;999;false;false

 

Except for the dial_plan, everything else work fine. For dial_plan, we need to set the id (which is the id part of file name under 'dial_plan' folder). We will fix it in the future releases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...