Jump to content

Call log not updating after the upgrade


djanjic
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yesterday we performed upgrade from ver 2 to ver 3. This was performed on Windows based machine. The upgrade was performed in these steps.

 

1. Made a full backup, copied the full C:\program files\pbxnsip\pbx to another computer while the service was stopped.

2. On another computer restored this file system and fired pbxnsip version 3.4.0.3201.

3. Performed all trunk and ANI fixes, mostly involving outgoing caller ID on each trunk.

4. Made sure that all DID’d were pointing top proper extension.

5. Made a backup of that file system, copied to another location on the original computer.

6. Stopped the service on the first, original machine.

7. Restored the file system from the backup machine overwriting the original.

8. Fired up the new version.

 

Everything works fine except my call log is not updating. I can see incoming and outgoing calls but the call log is stuck to the time when I actually performed restoration. Is there something on the file system that we need to reset in order for this to work again? If there is what do we need to do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything works fine except my call log is not updating. I can see incoming and outgoing calls but the call log is stuck to the time when I actually performed restoration. Is there something on the file system that we need to reset in order for this to work again? If there is what do we need to do?

 

Call log: where do you expect it? In the file system?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Call log: where do you expect it? In the file system?

 

When I check web interface for call log I do not see any changes occuring since the time we updated. I can see calls online comming in and out from various domains. At the end of the day, midnight, I do get a report with CDR for that day and they seem to be correct. My question is whyI cannot see call log being updated on the web interface for each domain? I remember while at training in Miami we had some issue with stuck mail and Kevin had pointed us to some file in the file system which needed to be reset or recreated, can't remember exact procedure. So I was wondering if there is some similar file that hasn't been properly updated in file system that is causing this error?

 

Dusan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My question is whyI cannot see call log being updated on the web interface for each domain? I remember while at training in Miami we had some issue with stuck mail and Kevin had pointed us to some file in the file system which needed to be reset or recreated, can't remember exact procedure. So I was wondering if there is some similar file that hasn't been properly updated in file system that is causing this error?

 

Well, the call log in the web page will not refresh unless you reload the page.

 

Version 3.4 supports writing to the file system with in a CSV file. Each CDR record will append a new line. Are you looking for this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the call log in the web page will not refresh unless you reload the page.

 

Version 3.4 supports writing to the file system with in a CSV file. Each CDR record will append a new line. Are you looking for this?

 

That is the problem page is reloaded and it is still showing the same data as of the time of the switch, it doesn't change! I am looking for what used to be availablefor and I beleive still is, current call log for every domain on our server, see the attachment. If you look at it you will see that there is no change since 04/02, the date and time when we made a switch. So again that page is stuck in the past...calllogscreen.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is the problem page is reloaded and it is still showing the same data as of the time of the switch, it doesn't change! I am looking for what used to be availablefor and I beleive still is, current call log for every domain on our server, see the attachment. If you look at it you will see that there is no change since 04/02, the date and time when we made a switch. So again that page is stuck in the past...calllogscreen.pdf

 

Very strange... Does hitting F5 (reload, clear the cache) make a difference? What if you look at it from another computer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am looking from different computers, hitting F5, nothing helps.

 

I guess the CDR directory also does not show any change... Is there any other hint the call went through the/this PBX? Do you see the SIP traffic for the calls in the log of the PBX?

 

Is this for extension to extension calls maybe? The call history (in version 4) shows the trunk calls, not the extension calls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess the CDR directory also does not show any change... Is there any other hint the call went through the/this PBX? Do you see the SIP traffic for the calls in the log of the PBX?

 

Is this for extension to extension calls maybe? The call history (in version 4) shows the trunk calls, not the extension calls.

 

Calls are going in and out fine. CDR are getting updated, every evening I do receive the CDR reports for several domains and they are all correct. Only the call log page doesn't show any changes...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...