Can't change voice mail greeting

Tom Waterman

We are currently using version 4.0.1.3446 and I have noticed a funny (not really) thing happening. None of my users can change their voice mail greetings. When the log into the system from the phone they can record a new greeting and set the new greeting but it still plays the old greeting. I have even gone into the extension on the domain level and I can see the new greeting I recorded but it still plays the old one. I have even deleted the greeting out and it still plays the old one. How is this possible. It will only be a matter of hours before I have some angry folks. Please help.

Ok the angry folks are here. I was reading the new version 4 manual and it states on page 147 that I can have up to 9 mailbox greetings. Even if I can get one to save it never lets me record more than one.

Tom

We are currently using version 4.0.1.3446 and I have noticed a funny (not really) thing happening. None of my users can change their voice mail greetings. When the log into the system from the phone they can record a new greeting and set the new greeting but it still plays the old greeting. I have even gone into the extension on the domain level and I can see the new greeting I recorded but it still plays the old one. I have even deleted the greeting out and it still plays the old one. How is this possible. It will only be a matter of hours before I have some angry folks. Please help.

Ok the angry folks are here. I was reading the new version 4 manual and it states on page 147 that I can have up to 9 mailbox greetings. Even if I can get one to save it never lets me record more than one.

Tom

Ok I have this porttion fixed but now I have run into something else. I can only record 1 custom greeting. Even in version 3 I could only record one greeting. is this a bug or am i missing something. Everthing I read says I can have 5 or 9 greetings and I can't get 2. Thanks for the help.

Tom

Ok I have this porttion fixed but now I have run into something else. I can only record 1 custom greeting. Even in version 3 I could only record one greeting. is this a bug or am i missing something. Everthing I read says I can have 5 or 9 greetings and I can't get 2. Thanks for the help.

Well, did you try to use the *98 to record the call? if you use *98*1 you can record the greeting 1, if you use *98*2 you can record the greeting 2, and so on. You can have up to 5 greetings.