Group name (Calling Party) not Working in Version 4

Wim van Ommen

When I set a hunt group to Group name (Calling Party) in version 4, I only get Group name except when we get an anonymous call, then I get Group name (Anonymous), any idear what might be causing this and how we can fix it?

Everything worked fine in version 3.

Can you post the SIP log? Also, note that some phones behave differently than others with regards to displaying the name/number.

• 1 month later...

Could it be that this:

http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=2826

Behaviour is changed in version 4, because I think that is now displays

Group name (Caller ID Name)

instead of:

Group Name (Caller ID Number)

If there is no Caller ID Name, I don't see anything which I did when I used version 3, could this behaviour be made switchable?

I would really like to see the number.

• 1 month later...
When I set a hunt group to Group name (Calling Party) in version 4, I only get Group name except when we get an anonymous call, then I get Group name (Anonymous), any idear what might be causing this and how we can fix it?

Everything worked fine in version 3.

That's the same on our system. It's definitely a bug, because the number is shown when you choose in the Group's configuration to show only the caller-ID without Group name. Some of my Snom-Phones have a large Display. During Ring-state the Caller ID is shown in the bottom line of the telephone Display. But as soon as I lift the receiver this number is being replaced to the number the caller has dialed.

I've opened a Support-Ticket #OIT-521482, but not solved yet. Obviously the 'From'-Field (SIP-Trace) has been changed from V3 to V4:

V3-SIP Command:

V4-SIP Command:

If someone has an idea if there is any possibility to manually edit the From-Command, please let us know.

Regards from Germany

Lucas

That's the same on our system. It's definitely a bug, because the number is shown when you choose in the Group's configuration to show only the caller-ID without Group name. Some of my Snom-Phones have a large Display. During Ring-state the Caller ID is shown in the bottom line of the telephone Display. But as soon as I lift the receiver this number is being replaced to the number the caller has dialed.

I've opened a Support-Ticket #OIT-521482, but not solved yet. Obviously the 'From'-Field (SIP-Trace) has been changed from V3 to V4:

V3-SIP Command:

V4-SIP Command:

If someone has an idea if there is any possibility to manually edit the From-Command, please let us know.

Regards from Germany

Lucas

OK. Solved now. (Better reading all replies before adding comments)

This was the solution:

"This was a kind of workaround because most phones display only the "From" information, but you want to see who is being called. In a perfect world, the SIP phone would do the job and display both from and to. "