CDR to SQL ??

rudik

There is someone working on a tool to do this ---

http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=3268&hl

I haven't heard an update but it should be a winner if it works as advertised!

I do agree a simple tool like this would be great for pbxnsip to have in their own stable as it would underline the tightness of pbxnsip and Windows.

See my thinking on power of the Microsoft message here:

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/2010/02/pbx...integrates.html

matt

I would really really really like to log directly to MS-SQL......please PBXNSIP, implement :)

You can use email2db to get this done today. I am sure there are other tools out there that also support IMAP and can feed stuff into the database, especially in Linux where scripting is bread and butter business!

You can use email2db to get this done today. I am sure there are other tools out there that also support IMAP and can feed stuff into the database, especially in Linux where scripting is bread and butter business!

Uh :) ?

I really want to know if there will be any possibilities te manage this from PBXNSIP directly. I am not looking for a "cobbled together" solution, but for a PBXNSIP-quality solution ! As the MySQL implementation in PBXNSIP is done and working I assume it should not be a big step to get it working for MS-SQL as well, wright ?

Please update..

I really want to know if there will be any possibilities te manage this from PBXNSIP directly. I am not looking for a "cobbled together" solution, but for a PBXNSIP-quality solution ! As the MySQL implementation in PBXNSIP is done and working I assume it should not be a big step to get it working for MS-SQL as well, wright ?

Well, there were still a couple if issues open... For example, if the TCP connection breaks for whatever reason, the PBX did not restart the connection. Then the authentication part was a mess. If you want to talk to mySQL, you probably have only very little choice but to use their library. It might also be a license issue (even if it is open source it does not mean you can do whatever you like with it).

The biggest problem remains that people are coming and say they want support for the other databases as well (SQLServer, Oracle, ...) and then we still have to start from scratch.

And the other problem is that the libraries that are available for talking to those DB are writting for temporary usage. That means the process start sup, works for a few seconds, then the OS cleans everything up again. The PBX has to work for potentially years without the OS cleaning up. Linking libraries into the PBX executable will make that very difficult, and therefore IMHO it is better to keep it outside where it can do no harm.

pbxnsip,

You may have missed that this request WAS for MS SQL. ;-)

Perhaps a small pbxnsip "helper" application like the MOH app? A small helper app that went CDR/TCP Lines to ODBC would seem perfect since you could choose your sql edition then.

I know that TOP is working on something to go from tcp CDR to MS SQL. I'm not sure the progress---a while back it was nearly ready. Personally for me MS SQL is most important so if TOP can provide it that would likely work. At the moment included reporting options are kind of limited.

Matt

Perhaps a small pbxnsip "helper" application like the MOH app? A small helper app that went CDR/TCP Lines to ODBC would seem perfect since you could choose your sql edition then.

Yea I like helpers because they are not so critical regarding stability. Actually we already have seen such a helper running on PERL I believe, if you can run that you could be "all set" already (need to PM me because I need to establish the contact).

If the TCP connection breaks for whatever reason, the PBX did not restart the connection.

People are coming and say they want support for the other databases as well.

The PBX has to work for potentially years without the OS cleaning up.

As Matt (from another post) mentioned, ODBC could be a very popular second option !! I did not think about that possibility, but i think it covers all the above issues except the last one. If it is still possible to make a call-log to file besides ODBC it would be sufficient to cover any communication errors that may arise, thus making the 'cleanup' issue less dramatic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Very busy at the moment, ...

So not very much time to check the forum, so my apologies not answering sooner !

Our cdr2sql application is working pretty good and is compatible withe version 3 and 4.

People who would like to test it can send me a PM.

The package is composed of :

- one Windows service trapping the cdr information over TCP

- one Windows application to configure all the parameters

Actually it only works with Microsoft Sql server Db Provider, but we can imagine, that further releases can include ODBC DB Provider.

cdr2sql_tab1.jpg

cdr2sql_tab2.jpg

cdr2sql_tab2.jpg

cdr2sql_tab2.jpg

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Top,

I have downloaded and installed your software, it works, but fails after a couple of minutes (stops sending cdr to sql, but the PBX is still sending them to your application).

Is this a bug, or a licensing issue?

I've requested a license several times but haven't heard back (its been two weeks).

Thanks,

Phil

Just released a video on how to install and configure Top System Cdr2sql.

The video is in French for the moment but an English version should soon been available.

Cdr2sql : Installation & configuration

Regards,

Regis

Just released a video on how to install and configure Top System Cdr2sql.

The video is in French for the moment but an English version should soon been available.

Cdr2sql : Installation & configuration

Regards,

Regis

Top, Thank you for the reply.

I've been through the video and registered it on three different servers (in case it was a platform issue) with the license key you sent. It still fails after a few records have been written. I notice that it authenticates to SQL every time it sends a CDR. Perhaps our PBX is too busy for your software? We log about 7000 calls a day.

Thanks...