Jump to content

V4 Incoming Calls won't ring OCS


Tron Keefer
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a pretty basic setup and following the OCS guide exactly for setting up a Mediation server and trunks. In V3 I can receive inbound calls on an extension and communicator will ring but I cannot place outbound calls. The call will not ring and ends up timing out. If I upgrade to V4 then both inbound and outbound calls work fine but communicator will no longer ring. After searching thru logs the only suspicious thing I could find was in Wireshark. I have a contact registered on an extension to use TCP but the packat would indicate otherwise. I almost seems that the PBX sends to Mediation via UDP and not TCP.

 

 

10.180.235.240 10.180.235.241 SIP/SDP Request: INVITE sip:+17177836195@smed0100301.attgen.lcl, with session description

10.180.235.241 10.180.235.240 ICMP Destination unreachable (Port unreachable)

 

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.180.235.240:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-6699562ce6b54b6f5ddb52062a8c3de8;rport

 

 

What's the difference between V3 and V4 that could cause this behaviour? Am I interpreting this correctly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the wireshark trace on V4 I see this,

10.180.235.240 10.180.235.241 TCP 49260 > sip-tls [RST, ACK] Seq=272 Ack=2311 Win=0 Len=0

 

Like the PBX is trying to use TLS on port 5061. My extension has a registration that looks like this, sip:+1717XXXXXXX@smed0100301.domain.lcl;transport=tcp

 

How can I force it to use 5060? The mediation server can't listen on 5061.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got this working. According to http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Port_Setup I set up the SRV records. Well this caused the problem because PBXNSIP is resolving TLS first and I must not have the certificates configured correctly. I removed the _sips._tcp srv record, restarted the PBXNSIP service and it started working. I don't really understand how SRV records work and their priorities and why this stopped working in V4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got this working. According to http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Port_Setup I set up the SRV records. Well this caused the problem because PBXNSIP is resolving TLS first and I must not have the certificates configured correctly. I removed the _sips._tcp srv record, restarted the PBXNSIP service and it started working. I don't really understand how SRV records work and their priorities and why this stopped working in V4.

 

Thanks for the findings & update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...