URI Settings

Friedom-Tech

Hi,

i am trying to setup a new trunk with a new carrier Broadview over a T1 but for some reason they are not accepting the calls i send them, they say the issue is that I am sending the same URI in the from and to header (see trace attached).

I have changed changing most of the settings in the trunk itself with no results.

please advise asap.

post-555-1279662073_thumb.png

Hi,

i am trying to setup a new trunk with a new carrier Broadview over a T1 but for some reason they are not accepting the calls i send them, they say the issue is that I am sending the same URI in the from and to header (see trace attached).

I have changed changing most of the settings in the trunk itself with no results.

please advise asap.

To me, they do not look like the same URI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a question along the same vein.

Is there a way to mangle the from header to force the from domain to be a specific domain instead of the PBX IP address?

The URI and To header can be done via the dial-plan. But how does one change the domain of the From header?

EX:

(numbers and IP's have been changed for protection)

INVITE sip:15554443333@mycompany.com SIP/2.0.

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.1.1.55:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-baa1c6f86a3c3f8526a3bd6f7a7ed3bf;rport.

From: "Test Two" <sip:5552221111@10.1.1.55;user=phone>;tag=1887596257.

To: <sip:15554443333@mycompany.com>.

Call-ID: 100287b5@pbx.

Is there a way to mangle the from header to force the from domain to be a specific domain instead of the PBX IP address?

The URI and To header can be done via the dial-plan. But how does one change the domain of the From header?

When using trunks, there is a setting "domain" in the trunk that should do this. You might have to play with the RFC3325 settings depending on your providers preference for the headers.