Dialing local number (7 digit number)

christer

I have to dial 8 to get an outside line, so when I dial a local number I would dial 82441000. I have a dial plan replacement rule as follow pattern: xxxxxxxx replacement 1914* The problem is that I the 8 (for an outside line) is getting inserted after the 1914. How do I get rid of the 8 in the replacement?

Why don't you use 8* as pattern?

You are missing the point or I wasn't clear enough, I am trying to insert 1914 and replace the 8 at the same time. So when I dial 8 and then local number (for example 2441000), I want the 8 to be replaced (or removed) and then 1914 inserted - So when I dial 82441000 on my phone, I want the PBXNSIP to dial 19142441000.

You are missing the point or I wasn't clear enough, I am trying to insert 1914 and replace the 8 at the same time. So when I dial 8 and then local number (for example 2441000), I want the 8 to be replaced (or removed) and then 1914 inserted - So when I dial 82441000 on my phone, I want the PBXNSIP to dial 19142441000.

Oh, okay.

Simple patterns might not be suitable here. I you use the ERE pattern 8([0-9]{7})@.* and the replacement 1914\1@\r;user=phone then it should work.

ERE are not beautiful, but powerful ;-)

• 3 months later...
Thank you that solved the problem. I appareciate the help. Thanks.

we've been looking at forums posts about dial plans and after reading your post and the solution, I'm curious about something. If using PBXnSIP what do you have to dial 9 for an outside line? What type of gateway are you using?

Have you taken what you've learned and created improved dial plans?

Would you mind posting some in the best practices forums?

Cheers.