Maximum ring duration

olecoot

We offer our customers a hosted PBX solution where we have multiple domains, plus multiple trunks per domain on our servers which are located in a data center. All of our production servers are on one of the 3.x versions of PBXnSIP.

Some of our customers are making calls to toll free numbers where the menus in the IVR system are being played as ringback. This is common with US toll-free numbers, since it allows them to avoid paying for those calls. The issue is that the playback on to the phone is cut off at the 60 second mark and the customer cannot continue to the next IVR or get to a live person.

In PBXnSIP ver 4.x there is a setting labeled "Maximum ring duration" which when set to a value of 60s or more, allows the completion of the playback and the person making the call can continue on.

We have three issues:

1. We haven't sufficiently tested v4.x to the point where we feel confident in deploying it to our production environment.

2. We have been unable to find the comparable variable in v3.x to the "Maximum ring duration" in v4.x

3. Additionally we have tried adjust a comparable setting on the phone itself without success.

Is there a hidden variable or one that is named differently in v3.x that would allow us to adjust the ring duration and correct the problem?

That setting is still there in V4 (called "max_ring_duration"). I know we changed the login with the trunk timeout and that required some clean up. But V4 should be in a good shape regarding this topic.

So from your response, I can assume "max_ring_duration" is not adjustable in version 3.x??

Version 3? Nothing changed in V3...

In version 4 it is adjustable. Not sure if from the web interface, but the duration is a setting which can be changed like all other global settings.

Yes sir :) I am aware that it is adjustable in version 4 :)

What I am asking is "Is it adjustable in version 3?"

Yes sir :) I am aware that it is adjustable in version 4 :)

What I am asking is "Is it adjustable in version 3?"

Actually I am nore sure... If there is a setting I assume it changes something. But I remember that we did a (necessary) major cleanup in 4 with this topic, so it might be buggy/a mess in version 3. The problem was about the trunk failover time, we mixed that up with the SIP request timeout and that was not a good idea. Maybe if you are running 3 just give it a shot and see if it works as you would expect it...