After Upgrading from 3.X to 4.X all Extensions have !

Don

After we upgraded a PBX from 3.X to 4.X all (almost all) Account extensions have an exclamation point in a yellow triangle under status. There does not seem to be any explanation of what this icon means in the documentation (as pertaining to an extension). As far as I can tell the extension seems to be working fine. It is registered and can make calls.

What could it mean? Is there a way to clear it?

Thanks,

Don

After we upgraded a PBX from 3.X to 4.X all (almost all) Account extensions have an exclamation point in a yellow triangle under status. There does not seem to be any explanation of what this icon means in the documentation (as pertaining to an extension). As far as I can tell the extension seems to be working fine. It is registered and can make calls.

What could it mean? Is there a way to clear it?

Thanks,

Don

Weak password for that extension.

Excellent feature. not soo good to tell what it is. ;-)

Matt

I strongly agree, there must be some indication of which password is bad and what is wrong with it. An explanation of the symbol and an error field by the passwords on the extension screen would solve the problem.

For new installations the PBX will now create random password for the extensions, which should be really pretty safe. And we have the JavaScript-supported scoring of passwords, which also can help to keep users from entering simple passwords. But of course you can never stop users from entering their pony's name which is usually easy to guess for someone who goes out for lunch with the guy every day.