Which Folder Stores Voicemail Messages

Friedom-Tech

Which folder on windows system stores the saved voicemail messages of all users?

I upgraded to 4.0 and all saved messages were erased, i would like to restore from a backup but i do not know which folder to restore from.

It is all in the recordings folder. The files have the name "msg*.wav".

I see all the messages in that folder but for some reason the mailbox users cannot listen to them in their mailboxes? why would it have become out of sync with the mailbox and how can i fix this?

During the upgrade, the PBX probably checked the links between the messages and the recordings and deleted the orphans. These deletions should be okay; How many are we talking about? If it is not too many, maybe you can manually assign them.

During the upgrade, the PBX probably checked the links between the messages and the recordings and deleted the orphans. These deletions should be okay; How many are we talking about? If it is not too many, maybe you can manually assign them.

We are talking about multiple users with multiple messages! Some mailboxes even have 40 messages that are all gone.

How would I go about reconnecting with mailboxes?

Can someone please help me with this if possible asap...the clients have importatnt messages that they need.

If you can even tell me how to identify which mailbox they come from i can forward them their .wav files.

Please advise ASAP.

Can someone please help me with this if possible asap...the clients have importatnt messages that they need.

If you can even tell me how to identify which mailbox they come from i can forward them their .wav files.

If you still have a backup of the old directory before the upgrade, you can use the messages XML files to identify which message belongs to which user. If you are familiar with shell programming, it should be relatively easy to figure out which message belongs to which user. We have some examples for Linux at http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Shell_Scripts that might help you out here. It might be some manual work, but at least you can figure out which message belongs to whom and then just send them the WAV as email attachment.

If you still have a backup of the old directory before the upgrade, you can use the messages XML files to identify which message belongs to which user. If you are familiar with shell programming, it should be relatively easy to figure out which message belongs to which user. We have some examples for Linux at http://kiwi.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Shell_Scripts that might help you out here. It might be some manual work, but at least you can figure out which message belongs to whom and then just send them the WAV as email attachment.

I cannot say I have any experience with shell programming.

Any way to point me in the right direction? where is the xml file?

I cannot say I have any experience with shell programming.

Any way to point me in the right direction? where is the xml file?

I found the xml files and when i open in notepad it shows me all the info I need but each message is in its own XML file...it would take hours to go through each and every one and map it!