Linux Setup

mwood

no you should just have to run the program and copy over the audio prompts. http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Installing_in_Linux gives some more info.

You were right, it magically came up. Now the license that was emailed to me does not work. I took the dongle option because that seemed the easiest. Any audiocodes config info out there? Found the FXS configs, but that's no help....

You were right, it magically came up. Now the license that was emailed to me does not work. I took the dongle option because that seemed the easiest. Any audiocodes config info out there? Found the FXS configs, but that's no help....

I'm new to linux, but want to give this a try can you please tell me briefly how to run the executable package that I downloaded?

I seem to have all the directories listed on the help page and have copied over the audio files, just can't seem to get the program runnig?

Any help would be muchly appreciated!!!

I'm new to linux, ...

I would recommend to get started with Windows first. Having a new product (pbx) and a new operating system (Linux) will make this project hard. Once you got the PBX under control in Windows, you can just copy the files and continue in Linux.

Our Linux build does not support dongles yet.

I would recommend to get started with Windows first. Having a new product (pbx) and a new operating system (Linux) will make this project hard. Once you got the PBX under control in Windows, you can just copy the files and continue in Linux.

Our Linux build does not support dongles yet.

Hi I have already played with it in windows and I have now got it working in Linux.

Thanks

Okay - then the Wiki page is probably the most important information for you.

If you look for general information on Linux, then the web is your friend on general documentation. The PBX is a real-time service, so the biggest point is to get the service started after a reboot and apart from that there is nothing exciting about the Linux setup.

• 7 months later...
Okay - then the Wiki page is probably the most important information for you.

If you look for general information on Linux, then the web is your friend on general documentation. The PBX is a real-time service, so the biggest point is to get the service started after a reboot and apart from that there is nothing exciting about the Linux setup.

Here is what I have learned so far when installing pbxnsip in linux. Sometimes but not always depending on what linux version you have, you need to put the execute file into the root home directory or else it will not unpack the folders. It can be /root/pbxnsip. This is where you also need to extract the audio folder. Suse linux has a problem with running the pbx in other system folders even with a startup .sh script. Debian seems to handle the whole operation better than Suse which can be a bit hit and miss, just make sure that the .sh file shows the root directory instead of /srv/pbx.

Another thing is that the .sh script does not always work on startup so if this happens then open the /root/pbxnsip directory and double click on the pbxnsip executable, this should start the service in Debian. If you are using Suse KDE then double clicking on the executable just brings up a box asking you what you want to use to open the executable file so that is useless, use Gnome instead. As far as I can see the startup .sh script in the wiki for Suse works alright as does the one for Debian.

I hope this helps a lot of people wanting to use linux to install pbxnsip. I will continue to test and relay information.

Sara.