i need a doc on pbxnsipsupport.com but it appears down

mattlandis

PORTech_Gateway.pdf

Ask and you shall receive. :rolleyes:

Hi

This PDF seems like just the thing I've been looking for, one of the most frustrating thing about Snom One for a newbie like me (I believe I have a broad understanding of technology) is that the whole voip thing appears to be a black art. This seems to be true even when taking to the experts, I phoned Patton(USA 1 hour)yesterday regarding a locked up 4112 and following instructions from the tech guy, we bricked the unit (I await further instructions via email from them).

The point of this rant is the question, are there any "how to's" anywhere like the PDF discussed here if so where are they, if not I think it may be a good idea to have some. Once I have my 4112 backup I think I can use this PDF to help me set it up on the Snom One unless someone out there (a black art master)knows different.

Regards

Paul

I can understand that frustration well :blink: . It is not only VoIP also other products are getting so complex you need a PhD to get them working (cell phones, cars, home automation to to name a few).

Agreed(My 8 year old thinks that I'm second only to Lee Westwood golfing wise so at least I'm good at something :D )

Looking at the PDF it seems that it would only take two minutes to represent this as a How To for any FXO,GSM type gateway. It could even have the new and correct name on (Snom rather than pbxnsip ;) .)

Anyway does the PDF represent a good 'how to' for getting a patton 4112 2 x fxo working on a snom one pbx?

thanks for your interest in my issue

regards

Paul

Agreed(My 8 year old thinks that I'm second only to Lee Westwood golfing wise so at least I'm good at something :D )

Looking at the PDF it seems that it would only take two minutes to represent this as a How To for any FXO,GSM type gateway. It could even have the new and correct name on (Snom rather than pbxnsip ;) .)

Anyway does the PDF represent a good 'how to' for getting a patton 4112 2 x fxo working on a snom one pbx?

thanks for your interest in my issue

regards

Paul

That portech guide is not for Patton fxo.

I've started writting a book on setting up a snom ONE system (including everything a real life system will neeD). It includes a chapter on setting up Patton gateway step by step. I put the book on pause because snom was writting a book/manual as well. If there is a need I will continue it.

(these books get out of date VERY quickly. that chapter has quite a few new developements since i wrote it. although it is still valid)

I would like to add that your experience with patton is not normal: our experience with their product is that it is first rate. We have sold a lot of Patton gateways for 3CX systems and pbxnsip/snom ONE. No failures (other than technicians frying them plugging hot things into them. ;-) We replace a lot of grandstream gateways with pattons to made all kinds of issues go away.

Their tech support has been FIRST RATE. And very consistly first rate.

Also, patton gateways have come up as the most recommended gateway among win/pbx administrators:

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/search?q=patton

That portech guide is not for Patton fxo.

I've started writting a book on setting up a snom ONE system (including everything a real life system will neeD). It includes a chapter on setting up Patton gateway step by step. I put the book on pause because snom was writting a book/manual as well. If there is a need I will continue it.

(these books get out of date VERY quickly. that chapter has quite a few new developements since i wrote it. although it is still valid)

I would like to add that your experience with patton is not normal: our experience with their product is that it is first rate. We have sold a lot of Patton gateways for 3CX systems and pbxnsip/snom ONE. No failures (other than technicians frying them plugging hot things into them. ;-) We replace a lot of grandstream gateways with pattons to made all kinds of issues go away.

Their tech support has been FIRST RATE. And very consistly first rate.

Also, patton gateways have come up as the most recommended gateway among win/pbx administrators:

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/search?q=patton

Hi

I'm sure you are right Sir, but brick like it is, although I am sure it will be up and running later today when support get around to it. The reason I bought it was that it was first rate. I understand that the Portech is not a Patton but at least it gives me (a newbie) a clue on how to setup trunk for it (I think)

The 3cx to be honest looks much easier to set up, I’ve watched a the video which seems to be, set up a pstn gateway, tell it it’s a Patton, the 3cx gives you the txt file to upload to the Patton and away it goes. My point with Snom One is that there is little or no help apart from you guys on how to set these things up. That said I want to persevere with Snom as I have bought their phones, but I am finding this very hard work indeed.

Sir, I am very grateful for all of your help so far, if I could have sight of any of the ‘book’ which you think could help me that would be most helpful. All I am trying at this stage is as follows

•  
  • Snom one PBX
  • Viop Trunk (currently working in a basic form)
  • 2 pstn lines via a Patton 4112 (not set up at all yet)
  • 1 x Remote office (not working trying to use x-lite at the moment looking at putting the pbx dmz side, will want a hard phone at sometime, found your review of the 300 most helpful thanks)
  • Snom m9 phones (working very well with the PBX and VIOP trunk)

Clearly that will not be the end of it but the above would be a start :)

Regards

Paul

Just some feedback: I've been extemely active in the 3CX community over the years (2500+ posts contributed/wrote a book on it) My finding: 3CX #1 draw is easy interface. It's #1 downfall is ongoing instability.

My suggestion to end users and generalist IT people is to get a professional partner help you get up and going (yes, a little more complex at first) with snom ONE and you will run very smooth ongoing.

get a professional partner help you get up and going (yes, a little more complex at first) with snom ONE and you will run very smooth ongoing.

Yep agree trying to find one any suggestions UK Derbyshire / South Yorkshire?

Oh and by the way Snom say, when asked about professional partner help, come on the course and take the exam :)

Edited by p800aul

hopefully they mistook you for a partner. ;-)

They should be recommending good partners.

We are USA based and i don't know who I could recommend in UK.

Here is the var search:

http://www.snom.com/en/partners/value-added-reseller/var-search/

http://www.snom.com/en/partners/value-added-reseller/var-search/#GBR

Also:

snom UK Ltd

Aspect Court

47 Park Square East

Leeds

LS12NL

United Kingdom

T: +44 1133 503 111

F: +44 1133 503 110

info@snom.com

And ask them a good snom ONE Var.

Alternatively if you don't mind the time difference--we've helped other international clients. www.landiscomputer.com

PS- to snom: could Landis Computer be put on the snom VAR finder? ;-)

• 2 months later...

BTW - that document on how to configure portech was GREAT! Configures VERY easily.

Hi Matt,

I see you have some experience with the portech (MV-3XX) GSM Gateway. I need a GSM Gateway and i am currently diving into the possibilities of the device. Unfortunately i am quite new to the GSM Gateway equipment and i have difficulties finding the technical possiblities of the device. Maybe you/or_anyone can tell me if the following is possible:

There is a SIP trunk to a 'normal' SIP provider. Coming through this trunk a call arrives from external phone number 'A'. This call is 'send' to a extension. The 'regular' phone is unavailable and the call is forwarded to a mobile number through the Portech GSM Gateway.

I want to know if the mobile phone user can see that the call originates from phone number 'A'.

I hope the example above is clear enough to help me get the answer to my question. Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,

RudiK