SIP URI

samfiller

I want to send an incoming trunk directly to a SIP URI, the only options on the trunk page is the "Send call to extension" which wont except a SIP URI.

I created an extension to make it a two step process but did not find anywhere to put in the SIP URI.

If I set it under redirection under the "Call forward all calls to:" the call seems to be forwarded but it looks to me from the status page that its ignoring the SIP URI and sending it to the number and going out through one of my outbound trunks.

To explain it better the the SIP URI is the phonenumber@domain.com it looks to me that it is only using the phonenumber and ignoring @domain.com.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Well, this is a PBX... Private Branch Exchange... Calls coming from trunks are going to extensions in one way or another. You can do some tricks essentially with the redirection features of an extension, you there must be an extension in the game--or in other words there needs to be some one who pays the bill for the outbound call.

If you really just want the routing functionality, you are probably better off with a SIP proxy.

Well, this is a PBX... Private Branch Exchange... Calls coming from trunks are going to extensions in one way or another. You can do some tricks essentially with the redirection features of an extension, you there must be an extension in the game--or in other words there needs to be some one who pays the bill for the outbound call.

If you really just want the routing functionality, you are probably better off with a SIP proxy.

First off thank you for the response,

I dont have an issue necessarily sending to an extension and then redirecting the extension but I did not seem to figure out how to do that.

(I would of rather skip the step but its not crucial) What I am obviously tying to gain is not have to pay for the termination of the call.

What do you mean I am probably better off with a Sip Proxy the trunk is setup as a Sip Proxy.

If you are calling from from well-known numbers (e.g. cell phones) you can very easily make outbound calls. Just put the cell phone number into the extension, and then when the PBX detects the caller-ID it knows that an extension using is calling in. Then it will offer this caller a special menu to place outbound calls.

You can also use the "calling card" account type to make outbound calling possible. Then users have to enter their PIN code to authenticate before they can make outbound calls.

If you are calling from from well-known numbers (e.g. cell phones) you can very easily make outbound calls. Just put the cell phone number into the extension, and then when the PBX detects the caller-ID it knows that an extension using is calling in. Then it will offer this caller a special menu to place outbound calls.

You can also use the "calling card" account type to make outbound calling possible. Then users have to enter their PIN code to authenticate before they can make outbound calls.

My issue is not getting the call to redirect, it will redirect fine if I put in redirection a regular phone number. Again I want to redirect it directly to a sip account hosted on a different SIP system.

To avoid termination fees I want to either send the call to a sip URI or to an IP address.

Any help would be appreciated.

You need a trunk for this, that's clear. You can do this: Make this trunk an outbound trunk only, and leave the outbound proxy empty (unless you will redirect the call always to the same location). Redirect the call to a number that you will process in the dial plan (you can also create a new dial plan just for that extension if you like). Then in the dial plan for the extension that you are using, use the replacement pattern to write the URI. This will be passed on to the trunk that you selected, and voila! that should do what you want.

You need a trunk for this, that's clear. You can do this: Make this trunk an outbound trunk only, and leave the outbound proxy empty (unless you will redirect the call always to the same location). Redirect the call to a number that you will process in the dial plan (you can also create a new dial plan just for that extension if you like). Then in the dial plan for the extension that you are using, use the replacement pattern to write the URI. This will be passed on to the trunk that you selected, and voila! that should do what you want.

To be honest I have no clue what you meant.

Right now I have it set up there is a trunk that is setup as a SIP PROXY it excepting traffic from a specific IP it matches the ANI to the Account:, it then send the call to an extension.

The extension is redirecting through the default trunk to a regular telephone number.

Which step do I need to change in order to redirect the call to a different IP address or to a SIP URI.

1. Make sure that you can call the extension that you want to redirect. It will be enough if you get to the mailbox, leave a message for example.

2. Setup a new trunk. Set the outbound proxy of the trunk where you want the outbound traffic to go. Set the trunk to "outbound" mode (no inbound)

3. Redirect the extension (for example by using redirect all) to the number that you want to dial. This might be a real number or just a bogus number that you use in the dial plan later.

4. Then in the dial plan make an entry for the number where you want to redirect the number. Select the trunk that you have created in step #1 and set the SIP URI in the replacement that you want to show in the outgoing INVITE request.

5. Give it a try.

1. Make sure that you can call the extension that you want to redirect. It will be enough if you get to the mailbox, leave a message for example.

2. Setup a new trunk. Set the outbound proxy of the trunk where you want the outbound traffic to go. Set the trunk to "outbound" mode (no inbound)

3. Redirect the extension (for example by using redirect all) to the number that you want to dial. This might be a real number or just a bogus number that you use in the dial plan later.

4. Then in the dial plan make an entry for the number where you want to redirect the number. Select the trunk that you have created in step #1 and set the SIP URI in the replacement that you want to show in the outgoing INVITE request.

5. Give it a try.

I am pretty sure I followed you correctly, but it did not work. :-(

I am pretty sure I followed you correctly, but it did not work. :-(

Which part. Are you able to call in and hit the mailbox? Are you able to call out from this extension (using a registered SIP device) to the number that you are using in the redirection? Divide and conquer...

As I had said before the extension works, the redirect works - on a regular number.

If I replace the redirect with a SIP URI it doesn't work, if I replace it with a false number and have the dial plan rewrite it as a Sip URI and then send out a trunk that only has an outbound proxy it fails to dead air.

I find this so strange I have worked with many other PBX and never had an issue send calls to sip URI - I am not even trying to make a false routing engine that will send multiple calls to their respective SIP URI. ONE simple call to ONE simple SIP URI

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Can you or someone here provide some screenshots or greater detail on how this was accomplished? I think i almost understand it but I'm not quite sure.

Thanks for the help

Randoff,

I was forwarding a complete extension-

First I created a trunk for outbound as a SIP Gateway.

for Domain: and proxy Address: I put the second half of the uri (ip or domain)

then set up a dial plan to use that trunk for pattern and replacement I put *

then I went to the extension on the redirection page by forward all calls I put sip:xxxxxxxxxx@ip.address.com:5080 (they only except traffic on 5080 but you can leave that off if their excepting on 5060).

Sorry was in a rush if you need I can try to clarify it a little later.

Randoff,

I was forwarding a complete extension-

First I created a trunk for outbound as a SIP Gateway.

for Domain: and proxy Address: I put the second half of the uri (ip or domain)

then set up a dial plan to use that trunk for pattern and replacement I put *

then I went to the extension on the redirection page by forward all calls I put sip:xxxxxxxxxx@ip.address.com:5080 (they only except traffic on 5080 but you can leave that off if their excepting on 5060).

Sorry was in a rush if you need I can try to clarify it a little later.

Thanks for the response!

I will test it out and report back.