Where is the TFTP directory

theinzen

I need to copy some files to the tftp server for my Polycom phones but can't find the tftp directory. In training I was told /pbx/tftp but there is no such directory. Do I need to create it?

Answering my own question here, it looks like I do in fact have to just create the directory myself and put the files in there.

• 13 years later...
Guest Huguest

I'm trying to deposite phone firmware in the  tftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/pbx/tftp" folder. With TFTP software "filezilla".

I need guidance. It's not working. please.

If you're looking to update the firmware of the phone, then you don't need to do it via the TFTP folder anymore.

You can simply navigate to the /reg_pnpparm.htm page on the PBX and add the URL of the firmware there as seen in the placeholder text.

Just put it into the tftp directory. Probably the directory does not exist in the working directory of the PBX, so just create it. You can then fetch it with tftp://192.168.1.2/x42.12.0.7275T20200914120531.z. BTW you can also use http://192.168.1.2/tftp/x42.12.0.7275T20200914120531.z., Fanvil does support HTTP as well.

Guest Huguest

Thanks,

Going back to my first question, how do a transfert firmware to the TFTP folder on the server?

I need to creat a folder name "TFTP" on the remote server, I imagine via SSh.
The SSh access is the same user password as the web interface?

1 hour ago, Vodia PBX said:

Probably the directory does not exist in the working directory of the PBX, so just create it

So yes, create the TFTP directory as mentioned above.

3 minutes ago, Guest Huguest said:

I need to create a folder name "TFTP" on the remote server, I imagine via SSh

Yes !

3 minutes ago, Guest Huguest said:

The SSh access is the same user password as the web interface?

The SSH access would be your server login.

If you are using Vodia IOP; you would have to enable SSH from the web interface. Then after that set the admin password again, which will be also the password for root (make sure you are in 67.0.3 or later). 

On Vodia IO things will get a little bit more tricky because there is no easy fix system access.

On all other OS, yes use whatever mechanism you used to install the PBX also to access the file system.

• 1 year later...