Shared MailBox

UKenGB

We may be able to "fix" the emailing part. What we can do is, if the shared mailbox email is set, then send email to only that (or those) address(es). If it is not set, then we can do what we do today (to send emails to group members emails)

We can probably distinguish 2 message types. But showing them differently as the MWI, we will have to think about it.

We may be able to "fix" the emailing part. What we can do is, if the shared mailbox email is set, then send email to only that (or those) address(es). If it is not set, then we can do what we do today (to send emails to group members emails)

Unless I am misunderstanding you, that doesn't really fix it. Even though the sharing mailboxes (50 and 60) are set to email messages, since the shared mailbox (40) is set to NOT send emails, any messages to 40 should NOT be emailed, so 50 and 60 can pick them up using their extension phones (M9 handsets in my case).

IOW, whether to email or not should be specified by the configuration of the extension whose mailbox took the message. At the moment, if the sharing extensions (50 and 60) are set to email, then ALL messages are emailed, even the shared ones. This is not only my issue, it doesn't really follow the apparent configuration settings.

The way I am requesting, it is easy to distinguish between the messages since individual/personal messages are emailed, but joint/shared ones need to be accessed via the phone (and hence are truly shared messages).

It is not an issue to enforce email the way you are talking about and also considered before suggesting the "fix". But half the folks who expect it the other way will comeback and say "new version broke shared mailbox email"!

There is always 2 ways to handle this issue - either configure an email address on shared mailbox and never check that emails or we can enforce the rule the way you are talking about and tell everyone that they need to put every group members email on shared mailbox to keep the old behavior.

The reason why we chose the approach we chose is to keep the backward compatibility. That's all.

It is not an issue to enforce email the way you are talking about and also considered before suggesting the "fix". But half the folks who expect it the other way will comeback and say "new version broke shared mailbox email"!

There is always 2 ways to handle this issue - either configure an email address on shared mailbox and never check that emails or we can enforce the rule the way you are talking about and tell everyone that they need to put every group members email on shared mailbox to keep the old behavior.

The reason why we chose the approach we chose is to keep the backward compatibility. That's all.

I don't entirely understand what you're saying there. Let me ask a simple question. Can I have personal voicemail (i.e. from calls to 50 and 60) emailed to their configured addresses, but messages for ext. 40 (the shared mailbox) to NOT be emailed and be available for 50 and 60 to access via the handset?

Hi,

Sorry for interrupt but i need to.

I read the whole Topic but im still not getting it. Maybe cause by the leak of my bad english. :D

If i want a Group Mailbox that every Extension can access without typing a PIN Code, i:

1. Create a Extension (eg 40)

2. In this extension i give mailbox access to other extensions (eg 50,60)

3. Go on the Phones 50 and 60 and make there a 2nd Identity of the Extension 40 ?

Is this correct or am i missing something?

with regards

Chris

Hi,

Sorry for interrupt but i need to.

I read the whole Topic but im still not getting it. Maybe cause by the leak of my bad english. :D

If i want a Group Mailbox that every Extension can access without typing a PIN Code, i:

1. Create a Extension (eg 40)

2. In this extension i give mailbox access to other extensions (eg 50,60)

3. Go on the Phones 50 and 60 and make there a 2nd Identity of the Extension 40 ?

Is this correct or am i missing something?

Almost. Just forget 3.

Oh and you'll need to ensure PIN access is OFF in the settings for the domain.

I don't entirely understand what you're saying there. Let me ask a simple question. Can I have personal voicemail (i.e. from calls to 50 and 60) emailed to their configured addresses, but messages for ext. 40 (the shared mailbox) to NOT be emailed and be available for 50 and 60 to access via the handset?

Yes, with a change to the software. All I meant was if we make that change, the folks who are already using the shared mailbox(40) the way it is today, have to make sure to configure the shared email address. Today even if they don't configure it, they will receive email because their own extensions (50 or 60) has an email address configured.

Yes, with a change to the software. All I meant was if we make that change, the folks who are already using the shared mailbox(40) the way it is today, have to make sure to configure the shared email address. Today even if they don't configure it, they will receive email because their own extensions (50 or 60) has an email address configured.

Hi,

ok after studing the forum for a while and reading the wiki page over and over again i think im near the solution the customer wants to have.

My only Problem now is, how to change easely the voicmailtext for incoming calls. "We are sorry but u calling out of our service, we are back jada jada jada"

u know what i mean?

So i created a group voicemail extension eg 43.

Now how do i tape this text for this extension as fast and easy as possible?

ps:

Ok now i made a Second identity on a snom 870.

There is now the ext 42 and the mailbox ext 44

I set the mailbox ext 44 to DND.

Now i can change the identity on this phone and tape a voicetext.

The only Problem now is, that this Phone no longer Rings when a call is coming to the Agent group.

Even if i change the main identity Back to 42.

Any Solution for this?

To record the welcome message for group mail box (43) -

1. Please dial the extension number from the same identity (call 43 from 43 if it is registered) and follow the prompts. Or
  2. Dial 43 from any extension and when you hear back something, press star key. You will be asked to enter PIN for 43. Enter the PIN and follow the prompts.

Regarding the DND, verify which extension is really on DND. You can verify that using Accounts list page on PBX. If the phone has issues identifying which identity is on DND, then you can use the PBX to put the extension on DND (Extension->Redirection: Do not disturb" field).

To record the welcome message for group mail box (43) -

1. Please dial the extension number from the same identity (call 43 from 43 if it is registered) and follow the prompts. Or
  2. Dial 43 from any extension and when you hear back something, press star key. You will be asked to enter PIN for 43. Enter the PIN and follow the prompts.

Regarding the DND, verify which extension is really on DND. You can verify that using Accounts list page on PBX. If the phone has issues identifying which identity is on DND, then you can use the PBX to put the extension on DND (Extension->Redirection: Do not disturb" field).

Hi,

Ok i checked if the PBX had set both Extensions to DND. But there is only the Mailbox set to DND. But otherwise on the Phone when i change the idnetity to the Agent again. The DND Sign is still showing there.

My very last (i hope so) very important question is:

With my settings now a caller hears the taped voicetext:"We are out of buisness jada jada"

After that a english voice says:"Please leave a message after the piep sound" "Piep"

How do i disable this english voice? So that only the taped voicetext will play.

P.s.: The taped voicetext is showed unter "Grettings1"

with regards

Chris

Simple. The change in the software that allows the shared mailbox messages to not be emailed also comes with a new configuration option to specify whether the messages for the 'sharing extensions' (50 and 60 in my case) should follow those extensions' email settings or not. Set the default to ensure nothing changes until that option is altered and no existing customers need to be upset.

I'm a firm believer in providing the user with full configurability as no developer can ever predict what their customers will want. So give them the tools and let them get on with it.

BTW, what will occur if the shared mailbox is set to email the messages and ALSO is set to allow access by other extensions?

OK, in the bug fix branch(v4) we will make 1 change. That is if the shared mailbox email is not configured, then PBX will send emails to members email addresses (if configured). That way we don't have to make any web interface changes to v4. In the HEAD (v5) we will add a new field to control if the email has to be sent to members email addresses or not.

I did not understand last question.