Jump to content

Redirect button stopped working


jim@itstod.se
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

One of our customers use a button on his snom 320 to redirect all calls to his his mobile when leaving office. This has worked really well and he appreciates that the led is lit to indicate that redirection is active.

 

But - now when they came back to office after eastern it does not work any more.

 

Hitting the button does nothing. But if I log on to the server and manually set the cell phone number in Accounts - Redirection - Call forward all calls to then the led on the phone is lit as it should. But then again, pushing the button on the phone does absolutely nothing.

 

This concerns all five phones that the customer has, we have also tried resetting them but no difference. We have also tried some different versions of the pbx since we were running a beta version but still no difference.

 

What am I missing here :(? Please advice.

 

Regards,

 

Jim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you are using the buttons? When you push the button on the phone, is there any message being sent out by the phone (you can easily check that on the phone web interface)? It could be INVITE or PUBLISH.

 

Make sure that the IP address has not been blacklisted on the PBX for whatever reason (maybe just explicitly whitelist it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm... Try to use TLS transport layer, that might solve the authenticatin problem. Also check if you have trunks that dont have the outbound proxy set; that might confuse the PBX and makes it believe the message came in on a trunk.If you are using DNS for the outbound proxy, that might cause a problem if the DNS entry is not valid any more (that was a bug that we found recently and will be fixed in the next release). Anyway, the effect will be that the PBX believes there is no outbound proxy set and that magically attracts traffic on that trunk...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm... Try to use TLS transport layer, that might solve the authenticatin problem. Also check if you have trunks that dont have the outbound proxy set; that might confuse the PBX and makes it believe the message came in on a trunk.If you are using DNS for the outbound proxy, that might cause a problem if the DNS entry is not valid any more (that was a bug that we found recently and will be fixed in the next release). Anyway, the effect will be that the PBX believes there is no outbound proxy set and that magically attracts traffic on that trunk...

 

That solved the problem - thanks :D !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...