Intercom button

shopcomputer

We are auto provisioning buttons using version 7.

Speed dial auto presses the check box, so we get an error that feature is not availible, similar to if I dial *90 and press the check without entering an entesion number.

I tried push2talk as well that didn't either work.

My client is coming from a legacy PBX, where local extension intercom each other instead on calling.

Thanks,

The auto provisioning is working, however I don't see anything on that page regarding provisioning an intercom button.

Ehh. I think I now understand what the problem is - you want the users to press a button before entering the extension to indicate that this call should be come a intercom call? That button would be "*90"... Problem is that the Intercom feature expects the extension number in the dial string and does not accept that as DTMF later (like a auto attendant).

With the speed dial you can only program one specific destination.

How hard is it to tell users that they have to hit "*90" before entering the extension?

• 9 months later...
Did anyone figure out how to create a button on Snom phones to dial *90?

So customer can press the button and then hit the extension number to intercom an extension?

Seems like every system I sell the customer asks about this.

At the moment I would say the answer is no. You can program specific destinations, but you cannot have the user press a key and then enter the remaining digits.

The only thing would be entering something like "9" in the beginning (well, that's also a key!) and then deal with the local dial plan on the phone to generate a *90 out of it.

I come across this alot , and you will always when going from the TDM world and proprietary products , since PBXnSIP is standards based it basically won't work , you would have to use a console and speed dial ALL users as *90+extension, which may satisfy a front desk person , but not if they want this on all phones like an avaya or comdial etc ..

some systems like Allworx etc that are willing to stray from RFC standards and create their own phones have some ability for this , but it would be impossible for pbxnsip to modify the SIP package and then still be able to support the features on Linksys, SNom, Polycom, Aastra etc phones without issue .. and deal with all the bugs it can create cross platform ..

so it becomes a sales game make the other features the you can offer with pbxnsip outweight the customers need to avoid dialing *90 to page another extension ,

If you make laminated cards to give the customer at install and to show them pre-sales how easy you can make this transition for them is your best bet ,

probably not the answer you want:) but it is basically what you're going to have to work with ..yori

I come across this alot , and you will always when going from the TDM world and proprietary products , since PBXnSIP is standards based it basically won't work , you would have to use a console and speed dial ALL users as *90+extension, which may satisfy a front desk person , but not if they want this on all phones like an avaya or comdial etc ..

some systems like Allworx etc that are willing to stray from RFC standards and create their own phones have some ability for this , but it would be impossible for pbxnsip to modify the SIP package and then still be able to support the features on Linksys, SNom, Polycom, Aastra etc phones without issue .. and deal with all the bugs it can create cross platform ..

so it becomes a sales game make the other features the you can offer with pbxnsip outweight the customers need to avoid dialing *90 to page another extension ,

If you make laminated cards to give the customer at install and to show them pre-sales how easy you can make this transition for them is your best bet ,

probably not the answer you want:) but it is basically what you're going to have to work with ..yori

Well, the sidecar of the Snom phones will help in this case. You can configure a lot of buttons for intercom *90 with different extensions via the button profile.