Can't update to pbxnsip version 4.2.0.3981

hmcap

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I posted a topic regarding the licensing of pbxsnip versus snomone. I'm still confused and rather desperate when it come this subject. I'm running the original pbxnsip version 4.2.03958, licensed up to 10 extensions. Works great, but after upgrading to my current version things like email doesn't work anymore. Before that I used the smtp-server from our cable company and it just works. In version 4.2.0.3958, this doesn't function anymore.

I've read the different topics in the forum; using Gmail in version 4.2.0.3958, how to add certificates etc. I tried all, and tried also to update to the latest version 4.2.0.3981; did by cmd-line; works perfect. But, when I login as admin the first thing I see is the current version is not licensed. That's correct, the license period is over and since a free snomOne is on the market and pbxnsip is off the market, it doesn't make sense to extend our pbxnsip-license.

So, I red the different fora again and came along this advice; go to admin, > settings > license, remove the old license, click on evaluation version > click save. And this should do it.

But when I click on status>general I still see 'no license' despite the fact I tried it a few times, but it looks like whenever I remove the old license and click save; it returns a license string back. It just doesn't accept the free-mode.

Does anyone have any tips or advice or how to handle this? I also tried to erase the folder containing pbxnsip, do a 'clean' install with the .dmg-file from the snomone website. What you got is version 4.2.0.3958 so the manual update to 4.2.0.3981 by cmd-line and got back where I started; an updated version 4.2.0.3981 but not able to register either the phones or trunks.

Where should I look? Are there any hidden files? Any advice welcome.

Regards,

Current config:

Mac Mini intel core 2

Mac OS 10.6

pbxnsip 4.2.0.3958

Harry

If you were running pbxnsip version, then the upgrade should be done using a pbxnsip version.

The snomONE license keys will not work on pbxnsip version.

If you do a fresh install with the snomONE dmg file and then apply the "free" license (before making any other changes) from Admin->License page, it should work.

If you were running pbxnsip version, then the upgrade should be done using a pbxnsip version.

The snomONE license keys will not work on pbxnsip version.

If you do a fresh install with the snomONE dmg file and then apply the "free" license (before making any other changes) from Admin->License page, it should work.

That's exactly what I did. Took the update from the pbxnsip-website. Run terminal and followed the instructions on the snomOne site. I also removed my old license > clicked on save. Chose evaluation > click save again. Looked at the results in the status-tab but no change in license; meaning 'no license'.

In case of the snomOne dmg-file:

Removed all the files and took the snomOne-dmg and run the installation-script. Opened Safari 5.05 (and Firefox 4.01), went to localhost, logged in as admin, went to admin > settings > license > clicked free > saved. Went to status; ;license : snomone free > version 4.2.0.3958.

Logged out. Downloaded the snomOne update (4.2.0.3981) > install via terminal. I open the browser and see a warning sign as soon as I open localhost. Goto license and see that a unknown license string is filled in (in option 2) Removed the string > click save > choose for free version> click save. Go to status and the license type, which was snomOne free in version 4.2.0.3958 has gone and turned into 'no license'.

If I had not any problems with my email-settings and some problems with our Snom 821, I wouldn't go through all this trouble to update. But apperently the email and snom 821 problems should be solved with the latest version. Hence my efforts to update.

regards,

harry