having trouble with remote party ID (RFC3325)

hmcap

Hi all,

I'm using four different trunks and three of them belongs to the Betamax corp; voipbuster, voipcheap and intervoip. The first two are already 2-3 years in use and having no problems with them. Since version 4.x I'm able to send the caller-ID, which is set in the ANI of the trunk. This week I'm also using intervoip.com because of the low rates for calling cell phones in the Netherlands. Setting up was easy and within minutes I could use this trunk. I used the same settings as their fellow-products from Betamax, but didn't succeed in showing the caller-ID. Which setting I used, when calling a cell phone number via the intervoip-trunk, 'unknown' or 'blocked number' appears in the display of the cell phone. I tried:

1. RFC3325 (P-asserted-identity)

2. RFC3325 (P-preferred-identity)

3. Remote party ID

4. RFC332, but don't hide

5. RFC 3325, custom (haven't tried this one yet)

The dialplan is tells the system when an extension calls a cell-phone number, eq 06xxxxxxxx, then choose trunk intervoip with number 06xxxxxx. Else, use trunk A for Europe or B for outside Europe.

How do I deal with this and where should I look?

Regards,

Harry

BTW, you did not mention whether you tried "No indication" option. Some carriers do not like any of these secondary headers. They like only "From" header.

I think the easiest way to solve this issue is to know what will make intervoip display the proper caller-id . Only intervoip folks can tell you what makes them happy.

BTW, you did not mention whether you tried "No indication" option. Some carriers do not like any of these secondary headers. They like only "From" header.

I think the easiest way to solve this issue is to know what will make intervoip display the proper caller-id . Only intervoip folks can tell you what makes them happy.

Sorry, didn't mention that, but tried it also. No results. I also posted a support request to the intervoip-desk. I supllied them with date, time, codec, called number etc. and they checked the settings. What they say is that they don't block caller-id's, ani's etc.

Now I tried RFC3325 custom, but no results either

Ok. The point I was trying to make is that, if the caller-id works fine when using other providers on a similar PBX trunk, then there has to be something outside the PBX is causing the issue. You can compare the INVITE message that is going out of the PBX on these 2 trunks and see if there is any issue in the "From" header & RFC3325/Privacy headers.

Ok. The point I was trying to make is that, if the caller-id works fine when using other providers on a similar PBX trunk, then there has to be something outside the PBX is causing the issue. You can compare the INVITE message that is going out of the PBX on these 2 trunks and see if there is any issue in the "From" header & RFC3325/Privacy headers.

This is what I see:

REGISTER sip:sip.intervoip.com SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.178.2:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-228b437f70d3de59a798b4f6154e2b06;rport

From: "useraccount" <sip:useraccount@sip.intervoip.com>;tag=1837272285

To: "useraccount" <sip:useraccount@sip.intervoip.com>

Call-ID: tm4no6yf@pbx

CSeq: 52555 REGISTER

Max-Forwards: 70

Contact: <sip:useraccount@192.168.178.2:5060;transport=udp;line=c9f0f895>;+sip.instance="<urn:uuid:9bee35c9-5835-4cf5-83d7-1e85c72840b5>"

User-Agent: pbxnsip-PBX/2011-4.2.0.3981

Supported: outbound

Authorization: Digest realm="sip.intervoip.com",nonce="543939485",response="f0e61f67629d2ce15b84a1a29c987adf",username="useraccount",uri="sip:sip.intervoip.com",algorithm=MD5

Expires: 3600

Content-Length: 0

Where can I see the RFC-header?