Need help Setting multiple DID outgoing calls

Walter

Hello guys.

I just setup a new snomOne and the client wants to be able to choose when to send a DID on the outgoing calls.

Here is an example.

They have DID's for Houston area and Dallas area. SO if they dial a Houston Number they want to show the Houston DID they have in the caller ID of the person they are calling.

THey are ok with making the selection manually, but If we can do it auto will be great.

Any ideas how can I do this?

You can make the DID (actually, in this case it is called ANI) dependent on the trunk that is being used. In the ANI field, you can prepend the ANI with the trunk name. Use space to seperate the multiple choices. For example, "Houston:2811234567 Dallas:9721234567 2121234567" would mean if the call goes out on the Houston trunk, use 2811234567, if it goes out on the Dallas trunk, use 9721234567 and otherwise use 2121234567. This implies that trunk names must not have spaces in the name. If you are using the same trunk for everything right now, you should consider splitting it up into one inbound trunk and two outbound trunks (to avoid two overlapping inbound trunks).

You can make the DID (actually, in this case it is called ANI) dependent on the trunk that is being used. In the ANI field, you can prepend the ANI with the trunk name. Use space to seperate the multiple choices. For example, "Houston:2811234567 Dallas:9721234567 2121234567" would mean if the call goes out on the Houston trunk, use 2811234567, if it goes out on the Dallas trunk, use 9721234567 and otherwise use 2121234567. This implies that trunk names must not have spaces in the name. If you are using the same trunk for everything right now, you should consider splitting it up into one inbound trunk and two outbound trunks (to avoid two overlapping inbound trunks).

I thought on making it more explanatory, my bad I guess.

I don't have multiple Trunks. Just one Trunk. many DID's

That is my problem, IF I had multiple Trunks I could use the Dial Plan and the ANI on the Trunks, I knew as much. Problem is how to do it with different DID's and only 1 Trunk.

Well, my point is that you'll have to split hte trunk up. You can keep your inbound trunk as is (just change it to inbound only), and then add two more trunks for outbound. If you are using a registration trunk, those two outbound trunks should be changed to gateway/outbound only with the same outbound proxy like the inbound trunk.

Well, my point is that you'll have to split hte trunk up. You can keep your inbound trunk as is (just change it to inbound only), and then add two more trunks for outbound. If you are using a registration trunk, those two outbound trunks should be changed to gateway/outbound only with the same outbound proxy like the inbound trunk.

Ok that sounds interesting, but I don't know or think my SIP provider will let me login twice with he same trunk.

Let's see if I got it right, same trunk I have now, just use one for inbound and separate it into 2 for outbound. in one I can assign Houston in the other just Dallas.

Correct?

Right, but you have to register only the inbound trunk. The outbound trunks are not registering, they are just sending the (outbound) traffic to the same location where the inbound trunk is registering to; using the gateway mode. So that the carrier does not "see" that you actually have multiple trunks.

OK sounds perfect then.

To be clear.

I just need to point to same IP as the Main trunk and not even user and password matter? or it does?