Android 2.3 with SIP

Vodia PBX

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get it to work for outbound calls (didnt try inbound), however I dont use it much. If memory serves there is no G729 codec support on the android and the only other codec we use is g711 so it doesnt work that well unless the device is connected to wifi.

For anyone interested, this is only applicable to Android 2.3 and above (Gingerbread).

Settings->Call->Use Internet Calling

Cheers

• 3 months later...

So finally I was able to try it out. I installed sipdroid (which was not installed yet), and essentially followed the setup for sipdroid. It was working within a minute. The biggest problem was telling the device to keep the WiFi connection alive, so that it would be possible to call the device even after the display has been turned off.

So now I have a WiFi SIP phone for essentially 130 USD, and it even has a camera for scanning bar codes (apps make it happen).

So finally I was able to try it out. I installed sipdroid (which was not installed yet), and essentially followed the setup for sipdroid. It was working within a minute. The biggest problem was telling the device to keep the WiFi connection alive, so that it would be possible to call the device even after the display has been turned off.

So now I have a WiFi SIP phone for essentially 130 USD, and it even has a camera for scanning bar codes (apps make it happen).

Were you able to get sipdroid working from 'outside' the SnomOne's network? Mine works fine within the network itself, but once I'm on another WiFi network or over the cellular network, it fails to register. (Yes, I have opened the IP access restrictions to ensure the new IP is permitted).

• 1 month later...

what device are you using?

Thanks

Ian