Conference Room Loud squelch

Steve B

I have installed a couple snomONE SoHos and both of them give me a huge squelch upon entering the room with one person then goes quiet until another person enters the room and then all "hell" breaks loose with squelch everywhere. Is this a known problem or do I need to configure something? This does not happen with the normal snomoNE software installed on my other boxes.

snomONE version on the SOHO 2011-4.3.0.5012, tried this with snom 300s and 320s on firmware 8.4.32

I have attached a log file.

conferencelog.txt

I have installed a couple snomONE SoHos and both of them give me a huge squelch upon entering the room with one person then goes quiet until another person enters the room and then all "hell" breaks loose with squelch everywhere. Is this a known problem or do I need to configure something? This does not happen with the normal snomoNE software installed on my other boxes.

snomONE version on the SOHO 2011-4.3.0.5012, tried this with snom 300s and 320s on firmware 8.4.32

I have attached a log file.

I have had exactly the same today - must need a firmware update and sound files?

You need to get into the web interface of the phone, then go to the identity (probably 1). Then go to RTP and turn RTP encryption off.

It is nothing to do with the Snom phones but the Soho hardware, as external callers get the same noises when dialling in via ISDN lines, routing via a Patton.

That noise does sound like SRTP noise. There is another source, which comes from problems with the byte order; this problem could have been introduced in one of the last (unreleased) versions. I am not on top of what versions are out the, but I would say if you took a head snapshop three weeks ago that is probably the problem.

That noise does sound like SRTP noise. There is another source, which comes from problems with the byte order; this problem could have been introduced in one of the last (unreleased) versions. I am not on top of what versions are out the, but I would say if you took a head snapshop three weeks ago that is probably the problem.

The noise also happens in listen and whisper mode. I will change SRTP later today and see if that works.