Statiscally register an external extension

TomH

I have a pbx account "1000" that I can sucessfully call, this is in the domain and PBX

I have an external extension "71000" that I can sucessfully call, it goes through the dial plan locates the trunk and forwards the call.

I can add the extension as a static registration (add contact) but the PBX always looks to resolve it as a URI instead of an extension.

Is there a way to make a static registration for this external extension?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Maybe a static registration like "sip:123456@192.168.0.123" might solve the problem.

Can you please describe how to setup a static registration, since the Wiki at http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Extension#Registrations does not provide any insight. In addition the entry http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php?title=Manual_Registration is currently empty.

Also, can you please provide us with some documentation regarding the available options for the extension "Parameter x:" entries. Examples we have noticed include:

transport=tls

line=7spnvgse

urn:uuid:4e890c44

Thanks.

Thanks for pointing me to the Manual Registration link.

Is there another link which outlines all the the available options for the extension "Parameter x:" entries, along with their options and the intended behavior of each one.

The above link, mentions the user=phone and the line parameters, but doesn't specify or explain any of options for them. It also mentions the 3 options of the transport parameter.

Where can we find a concise reference of these option, and what they do?

Thanks.

Where can we find a concise reference of these option, and what they do?

Well, there is no standard. Check out RFC3261 - it practically leaves it to the registering user agent what parameter it would like to use. Maybe we should turn the question around - what are you trying to achieve with a parameter?

• 2 months later...