Multiple identity on SNOM870

tommymtl

I want to set up phones with multiples identity on Auto Provisioning.

Setting MAC address on the PBX do the job... I have set the same MAC address to 3 extensions and all get generated and working fine. Mu question will be more on the order of them...

Let's say, the phone is usign:

identity 1 - ext 304

identity 2 - ext 401

identity 3 - ext 206

How to proceed to have this on the listed order?

thanks

--Y

Well, if you are talking about giving MAC addresses a priority for the identity assignment, this is kind of "random": The extension that has been created first will get the first identity, then the second and so on. So if you want to change the sequence, you would have to delete the extensions and create new ones dry.gif

You should be able to put a * on each extension so they will provision in order, what version are you running?

Thanks for your reply, I am using 4.3.0.5021 (Win32). If I put "*" on my 3 extensions, it is going to be the same...

Unless I am not getting it?

Well, if you are talking about giving MAC addresses a priority for the identity assignment, this is kind of "random": The extension that has been created first will get the first identity, then the second and so on. So if you want to change the sequence, you would have to delete the extensions and create new ones

Bummer!!! So I should do it manually? This is not really convenient... Why usign provisioning in that case... saving some steps sure but still... I can at less select the outgoing identity...

Bummer!!! So I should do it manually? This is not really convenient... Why usign provisioning in that case... saving some steps sure but still... I can at less select the outgoing identity...

Well, I agree but thats just the way it is right now.

A slight correction: It does not matter which account was created first. The PBX always sorts the identies after their primary (canonical) name, which means that it will always put 40 in front of 41, 42, 43 and so on.