TAPI Service Provider

shopcomputer

I was succesfull installing the Tapi SP on a Vista machine, however I tried it on several XP machines, although the setup says completed sucessfully, it appears to have not installed. The Tapi Service Provider was not added to the Tapi list. I tried manually adding it in the registry, which did add it to the list however it would not give me the configure button to configure the IP address of the PBX, etc.

Hmm. I run Windows XP, and there things were okay. Once that you try to register the TSP, the registry is "poisoned". Maybe you have a "fresh" XP left? :mellow:

Manually playing with the registry sounds extremly dangerous to me, TAPI goes deep into the OS and it is easy to screw everything up.

I was trying to set this up in a office that has about 10 workstation, I tried 3 workstations with XP they did not work, I tried 1 Vista it did work, they do have some more workstations, however I did not bother trying it if the other 3 failed, they are all XP PRo SP2 and part of a domain if that makes a difference, I did try seting it up while logged in as a domain admin with the firewall turned off.

I was trying to set this up in a office that has about 10 workstation, I tried 3 workstations with XP they did not work, I tried 1 Vista it did work, they do have some more workstations, however I did not bother trying it if the other 3 failed, they are all XP PRo SP2 and part of a domain if that makes a difference, I did try seting it up while logged in as a domain admin with the firewall turned off.

Maybe you have Ethereal running on one of the XP boxes. Do you see any SIP traffic going in and out? Maybe there is some firewall blocking the traffic, it would not be the first time.