Vodia PBX forum
shopcomputer

Wave input screaching

If I set music on hold to wave input we hear about 5 seconds of music from the wave input and the about 5 seconds of screaching noise, and the again 5 seconds music and 5 seconds of screaching noise and this loops constantly. I plugged a speaker in to the PBX and music plays nicely, music from a file also plays OK. v2011-4.5.0.1030 Beta Corona Austrinids (Win64).

Well the built-in "player" is actually quite primitive. I guess you saved the file in 8kHz, mono, 128 kbit/s WAV format. Is this a large file? Maybe the one who saved it did that in multiple audio data chunks. Maybe you can make it available on a HTTP URl and send us a private message with a link, so we can take a look at it.

Well the built-in "player" is actually quite primitive. I guess you saved the file in 8kHz, mono, 128 kbit/s WAV format. Is this a large file? Maybe the one who saved it did that in multiple audio data chunks. Maybe you can make it available on a HTTP URl and send us a private message with a link, so we can take a look at it.

There is no file, playing using wave input from a radio.

Oh okay. We worked on the linear codec in that area, maybe that caused a new issue e.g. in the internal buffer length area. We need to retest that.