Vodia PBX

Okay.

Anything in the log like: "Could not find call of user ... that should be parked", "The call of user ... cannot be parked", or "The call of user ... cannot be parked as there was no free orbit available in ..."?

I have fixed this issue:

The procedure with one line only is different than multlines:

For example

1 Line:

Active Call - Place Call On Hold - Select "New Call" - *85 - Send (or Dial)

Multi-Line

Active Call - Select TRANSFER - *85 - Send

There were a couple of important fixes around the daily sending of emails that caused problems in several places. I think everyone running 2.1 versions should move to that version. The release notes are available at http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Release_Notes_2.1.5.

Hi:

I use one wireless NIC in order to provide the MAC address to the system, this way I can mover to one server to another por backup purposes.

I see at V2.1.5 that the system does not recognize the wireless NIC MAC , It recognizes only the MAC of the wired NIC included at server.

Thanks

Juan Acevedo

email: acevedo1@une.net.co

I have been testing cell integration and i think that the way it is implemented is not proper.

I believe that it should be tied to the customer extension account immediately. This mean that if the cell phone calls directly into the extension, it detects the caller ID and thus immediately takes the caller into the menu to check your VM, press 1. To place a call, press 2.

I believe that using the auto-attendant is flawed. Also the call log for the extension account, does not show record of the outbound call that is made.

This feature is very important for entrepreneurs and sales people and they do not want to have auto-attendant. They want one number! I do not want to create one domain for everyone of these single accounts and assign a seperate number for the auto-attendant.

Rafeh Hulays

CELL-PHONE INTEGRATION PROPOSAL

This proposal integrate two forms of call-backs.

A regular account has cell phone integration option:

1. no cell phone integration

2. cell phone integration Direct

3. cell phone integration Call-Back

The customer can choose to set his account to either of the above options

Option 1:

No cell Phone integration - that is trivial

Option 2: Cell phone integration - Direct calling

- a caller cals in into their extension

- PBXnSIP detect the caller ID and if it is the cell phone, present the caller with a message to enter PIN

- PIN correct: Would you like to check your VM or Place a call

Option 3: Cell phone integration - CallBack

- a caller calls in

- PBXnSIP detect that the caller ID and if it is the cell phone number, it simply does not pick up

- PBXnSIP call back the number after 2 sec and provide caller with the menu options: to check your voicemail click 1, to place an outbound call, click this.

OTHER ACCOUNT TYPES [ LOWER PRIORITY]

There are two other account types that I also suggest:

Simple Call-back Account:

- This will allow up to 10 numbers to be entered for call-back

- This is not a Extension account

- A user call, PBXnSIP does not pick up

- PBXnSIP check the list of numbers and if one on the list for the account, it calls the number back

- Allow caller to place an outbound call

Simple Direct Calling Account:

- This will allow up to 10 numbers to be entered

- This is not a Extension account

- A user calls in, PBXnSIP check the list of numbers and if one on the list for the account, it ask the caller for a PIN.

- Allow caller to place an outbound call

Rafeh Hulays

I believe that it should be tied to the customer extension account immediately. This mean that if the cell phone calls directly into the extension, it detects the caller ID and thus immediately takes the caller into the menu to check your VM, press 1. To place a call, press 2.

We did that in the beginning. The problem is that (outside of America), you want to be able to call another extension directly without having the cell phone detection kicking in. In USA, most of the time the AA is sitting on the main DID number and then it is okay if the PBX detects that a user is calling.

We did that in the beginning. The problem is that (outside of America), you want to be able to call another extension directly without having the cell phone detection kicking in. In USA, most of the time the AA is sitting on the main DID number and then it is okay if the PBX detects that a user is calling.

It is unlikely that a person wants to call in their own extension. However, is there a way to have it as an option. In our application, it is REALLY desirable to do so ... Many of those interested in Business hosted VoIP are entrepreneurs who are 1-3 people shops. It will not be user friendly to have another number that they call ... it will be a lot easier for them to call their voip extension. Also, the call will show on their account and call display and not on a general auto-attendant.

Rafeh Hulays

I'd also like to chip in that CID as a way to identify a cell phone is not a 100% reliable method. When I travel outside the USA with my phone, CID from my cell phone may not come through at all, or may be represented in a way that the pbx misinterprets. Having the user enter an extension# + pin, is the only truly reliable way to authenticate. This method also makes it possible to allow a user to call into the system and be authenticated from say a client's phone or a pay phone .

/CW

• 2 weeks later...