3CX no longer support SNOM ONE PBX (its offical i have it in an email from 3CX)

SFX Group

Hi

So 3CX softphone will not work with SNOM ONE, i have it in writting, if you buy 3CX softphone they will not support it to work with SNOM ONE (even if you pay 3CX for the softphone), see email below...

3cx-and-snomone.jpg

Actually in defense of 3CX and as I read the email, it does not mean it will not work; it just says that 3CX does not indent to spend time on supporting it. It is quite understandable, as supporting a cross-vendor interoperability can cost significant amount of time, and even if you would purchase a soft phone license for a few bucks, it would probably cost more money to support it than the revenues from the license. We would also not support the 3CX softphone like any other soft phone; however if the phone works we would not have a problem with it either. The soft phone world is difficult; not only the SIP interoperability is the problem: you also have to deal with a variety of platforms, hardware, network setup which all make it difficult to guarantee that you can make good phone calls.

Actually in defense of 3CX and as I read the email, it does not mean it will not work; it just says that 3CX does not indent to spend time on supporting it. It is quite understandable, as supporting a cross-vendor interoperability can cost significant amount of time, and even if you would purchase a soft phone license for a few bucks, it would probably cost more money to support it than the revenues from the license. We would also not support the 3CX softphone like any other soft phone; however if the phone works we would not have a problem with it either. The soft phone world is difficult; not only the SIP interoperability is the problem: you also have to deal with a variety of platforms, hardware, network setup which all make it difficult to guarantee that you can make good phone calls.

Hi<br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

Seem to miss the point here, 3CX soft phone is FREE for use under 3CX PBX, however if you use it on any other PBX you pay for the phone, if you pay then you get support. They want the money AND are telling me it wont work and advising me to get another soft phone (I have that in writing as well).

They have actively been telling me not to use 3CX softphone with SNOM ONE, there is a lot of comms that resulted in that statement, including "your have to find another phone then and not use 3CX", even after telling them "the 3CX phone is a standard SIP phone”, this was also ignored meaning (i would assume) it is NOT a standard SIP softphone, if it was it would work with SNOM ONE, i cant get it to work, and cant find anyone else that has either (at least the version i have)..

I would like to hear what Snom's support statement is regarding Counterpath's Bria. Given that the 'softphone world is difficult', maybe it might make sense for Snom to produce a Snom branded version of the Bria and allow it for use on the SnomOne.

I've never played with the Bria, but I see they have a VPN option for the iPhone/Pad which for us would help with our firewall security and remote clients.

Not only is the softphone market difficult from a technical point of view, it is also cut throat. There is so much free competition out there in the SIP space and also in the VoIP space in general that is it difficult to make money. Counterpath is a public company, you can see how much they are turning over.

In the SIP space, I think it is fair to say that Counterpath has one of the the best soft phones if not the best. Customization would help from a marketing perspective as it would look to the native customer that snom has its own soft phone; however a deep integration that takes advantage of the buttons or even things like visual voicemail, extension status indication and so on are not possible. Thats why we are working on the attendant console. If customers are interested in large device interoperability (iPhone, Android, PC, Linux, Mac, you name it), then Counterpath Bria is the better choice.

Having lived with 'the other vendors' products for too many years, I cannot possibly imagine going back to *anything* branded with their name. I'd rather carry a SNOM hardphone in my travel kit, than deal with the other supplier's software. It was a constant refrain of: STUN this. Tunnel that. Proxy these. Update here. Downgrade this. Patch mine. Uninstall yours. It was a headache that never ended. Actually, I think the Verizon tag-line "Can you hear me now?" was the corporate mantra of the other vendor.

End-to-End SNOM solutions work across our somewhat complex network -- and that's all the proof I need to stay happily in the SNOM family with 821, 320, and Bria deployed on a Windows 2008 server.

Your mileage may vary. :D

Not only is the softphone market difficult from a technical point of view, it is also cut throat. There is so much free competition out there in the SIP space and also in the VoIP space in general that is it difficult to make money. Counterpath is a public company, you can see how much they are turning over.

In the SIP space, I think it is fair to say that Counterpath has one of the the best soft phones if not the best. Customization would help from a marketing perspective as it would look to the native customer that snom has its own soft phone; however a deep integration that takes advantage of the buttons or even things like visual voicemail, extension status indication and so on are not possible. Thats why we are working on the attendant console. If customers are interested in large device interoperability (iPhone, Android, PC, Linux, Mac, you name it), then Counterpath Bria is the better choice.

i'm glad to see snom invest in snom client/attendant. good move, snom ONE needs it. keep in this direction.