trunk redirection / assume that call comes from user

semistatic

Is there any way to use trunk redirection without setting "assume that call comes from user"? Here's the issue I'm having...

1) Calls come in to the snomONE, and are passed to the 2nd PBX via this trunk. (This works fine)

2) Calls from the 2nd PBX come into the snomONE PBX via this trunk and are redirected out a 2nd trunk to the outside world, or extensions on the snomONE PBX. Calls are redirected properly and connect fine.. the problem is that the BYE message isn't sent properly. If the remote caller hangs up first, it's sent to the snomONE only. If the 2nd PBX caller hangs up, the 2nd trunk to the outside isn't disconnected. When both callers hang up, it's fine.

If I take out that value, I can call snomONE extensions without an issue, and the BYE is always sent properly.

Is there any way around this?

Hi

I have exactly the same problem. It is OK in version 4.2.x but the latest versions do not pass the BYE on if the B-Party hangs up. Eventually, after a long time, the leg does 'go away' but not before the call is sitting there for all this time racking up the billing. I have tried to get this through to support but it is a difficult problem to describe and get the logging straight on. At one point the lads indicated there was a known problem so I was expecting something to change in a later version but I can confirm the same issue exists on the latest release. I got a PCAp and as you rightly say, teh BYE is simply not sent through.

Hmm. Could be a SIP routing issue, e.g. if the contact header in the INVITE contains something that cannot be routed, then the PBX cannot hang up. Actually I am not sure if the PBX treats extensions different than trunks because of the SBC that is primarily for the extensions. The PCAP would be interesting, maybe if you can send a private message with a URL it would be great to take a look at it.

I can have a go at this tonight. Not easy as I would need to update the platform to 4.5, wait for a couple of calls and then downgrade it again. The call detail will have private infomation, how do I get the PCAP to you privately?

BTW, you could easily test this yourself. Simply set it up as semistatic has detailed and you will see the leg hanging there on the 'calls' display if you hang up the B-End.

Sorry! Too many calls going through to stop the system - waited until after midnight but I need my beauty sleep so abandoned. Sunday is quiet so I can go again that night.

Again, this is easily recreated so maybe the Snom lads could simply set this scenario up in the lab no?

it's going to be difficult to get a packet dump on this box because of the production status. I think Vance is correct, you could easily reproduce this error I believe... we're using Beta Corona Austrinids. I'm attaching a Visio of the call flow and how it fails.

Please note, even though in the drawing I show the outside party hanging up, the same thing happens if the originating party hangs up first - the outside trunk is left stuck open.

post-12161-0-29382500-1341507661_thumb.png

The quickest thing is to get access to your system and take a look at the setup (i.e., whether any cell phone association is going on or AA is involved in the call flow, etc) and possibly get the trace.

In the meantime we will setup something in the lab to replicate your diagram.

I could reproduce something similar. But in my case the initial caller not only gets no BYE, but also after the hangup he hears "Press 1 to dial a number". Does this happen to you too? I just want to make sure that we are talking about the same problem.

Actually, after one party hangs up, we get kind of an odd two-tone indicator that keeps repeating itself every few seconds.

That is not the issue. This issue we are talking about here is where a call comes in on a trunk and uses the account (Assume that the call comes from user) to terminate the call which in turns sends the call out of another trunk. If the B-End hangs up the A-End does not receive the BYE so it stays holding that end up. Big problem and means, for me anyway, that at least one client cannot use anything greater than 4.2.

Log trace of at least one call is attached.

Document.rtf

I suspect the problem lies in the new cell phone handling logic. When an extension is connected to a cell phone, the PBX does not hang up and instead plays a voice menu what other actions are now possible on the cell phone (which is a feature). I am sure that the PBX thinks that the call is connected to a cell phone, as it "assumes that the call comes from user so-and-so", which would perfectly explain it. We have to check if we can do the workaround that we clear the extension on the leg after the call was sent to the trunk or we have to introduce another internal flag which says "hang up or play ivr".

Vance, what I could reproduce was also with a call that comes in on a trunk and gets sent out to another trunk, as I read your trace I really think we are talking about the same issue. In your trace the PBX is also trying to play "Press 1 to dial a number" (aa_call_number.wav) but you just have an older version of the audio files and the wav file is missing that's why you don't hear anything:

[8] 2012/07/12 23:29:56: Play audio_en/aa_call_number.wav, caching false

[8] 2012/07/12 23:29:56: call port 2: state code from 200 to 200

[6] 2012/07/12 23:29:56: Could not read file audio_en\aa_call_number.wav (error code ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

• 2 weeks later...