Help with Plug and Plug

citytelecom

I have my Snomone Soho connected to a Netgear LAN switch (FS108P), along with my laptop and a Snom 360.

My SnomOne Soho is on v4.5.0.1090 and the phone is version 8.7.3.7.

There is nothing else connected to my 'mini' LAN.

My Soho log shows 'joined multicast'

When I connect the phone I see the attached logs on the phone and the Soho which appear to indicate the Plug and Play is working.

However the phone does not download any information and does assume the extension number to which I have set the 'Bind to MAC address' of the phone.

Can anyone help me or point out the error of my ways?

Peter

SnomoneSoho_log.txt

Snom360_log.txt

I have my Snomone Soho connected to a Netgear LAN switch (FS108P), along with my laptop and a Snom 360.

My SnomOne Soho is on v4.5.0.1090 and the phone is version 8.7.3.7.

There is nothing else connected to my 'mini' LAN.

My Soho log shows 'joined multicast'

When I connect the phone I see the attached logs on the phone and the Soho which appear to indicate the Plug and Play is working.

However the phone does not download any information and does assume the extension number to which I have set the 'Bind to MAC address' of the phone.

Can anyone help me or point out the error of my ways?

Peter

Log in to the phone's web interface & select Advanced, then select the Update tab. Make sure the local IP address of the SoHo is in the field for the Setting URL, e.g. http://192.168.1.142/prov/snom360.htm

As for the other settings:

Update Policy: Update Automatically

Settings refresh timer: 0

PnP Config: On

Then, reboot the phone.

If that does not take care of the issues, start from scratch: Click on ~~> Before Doing Plug and Play then ~~> Plug and Play

Log in to the phone's web interface & select Advanced, then select the Update tab. Make sure the local IP address of the SoHo is in the field for the Setting URL, e.g. http://192.168.1.142/prov/snom360.htm

As for the other settings:

Update Policy: Update Automatically

Settings refresh timer: 0

PnP Config: On

Then, reboot the phone.

If that does not take care of the issues, start from scratch: Click on ~~> Before Doing Plug and Play then ~~> Plug and Play

Thank you very much for your advice. I have tried the settings on the Snom 360 which did not appear to effect the problem. So, as you suggested, I went through my set up again but I cannot see anything I have left out. A couple of extra details which may be affecting the situation:

I have set the Snom One Soho as the DHCP server.

On my 'mini' LAN there is no router. Only my laptop, the Snom One Soho and the Snom Phones.

Also, when phone is rebooted, Provisioning in Progress and after the repeated requests I see 'Provisioning Server failed'.

In such cases, it is the easiest to log into the web interface of the phone and check the logs from the phone. There you can see what URI it tries. Then it is usually possible to see where the problem is.

I have set the Snom One Soho as the DHCP server.

On my 'mini' LAN there is no router. Only my laptop, the Snom One Soho and the Snom Phones.

You've probably already verified this; but, just in case you're anything like me (where, sometimes the solution is right under my nose)...

Are the phones set up to receive their IPs via DHCP or do they have static IPs? Are these brand new phones? If not, you may want to do a factory reset.