Hunt Group - Missed Calls - Message LED

orson

I have set up a small system for evaluation and try to configure everything as needed.

Setup: snom one v5 running on OSX, 2 extensions snom 370 in a hunt group.

When the incoming call for the hunt group is not answered, the snom 370s show the missed call and the message LED lights steady.

Now the problem: when I manually delete the missed call in the snom 370, the message LED starts blinking and there is no way to stop that. In the status messages I find 1 call. No chance to delete that. Once deleted, it comes back as soon as I leave the menu. And the LED keeps blinking.

Only workaround until now: set the "Record missed call" in the webinterface of the snoms to off. But then I cannot the missed calls on the phones.

What I want is: when the incomming call is unanswered, I want to find this call and the LED on both phones. When the entry is deleted by either one phone the entry and LED should disappear on the other phone too.

Am I wrong or the system?

Now I found a possible hint for a solution:

If an incoming call to the hunt group is unanswered, the snom shows first nothing. Going to "missed calls" in the phone makes the message LED on. Going to Status/ Info shows the internal message "8 calls". Deleting this message makes the LED going off. Going to "missed calls" again, makes the LED on again. Going to stays/ info the internal message "8 calls" is there again. Deleting both, the message and the missed calls, makes the LED blink.

It seems to me as if the internal message (summing up the missed calls) causes the confusion in the phone.

Any idea how to fix that?

The phone is not aware about hunt groups or any groups. When several phones are ringing and one of them picks up, the PBX tell the phone "call completed somewhere else" in the reason header for the cancel. But when the whole group has missed that call it is all or nothing--all phones will show a missed call. Unfortunately, the only way to properly implement the missed call requires a logic totally outside of the SIP call. In the UC Client we are using an extended message waiting indication for that, but this is not according to any standard and will not work with snom phones or any other phone type.

The phone is not aware about hunt groups or any groups. When several phones are ringing and one of them picks up, the PBX tell the phone "call completed somewhere else" in the reason header for the cancel. But when the whole group has missed that call it is all or nothing--all phones will show a missed call. Unfortunately, the only way to properly implement the missed call requires a logic totally outside of the SIP call. In the UC Client we are using an extended message waiting indication for that, but this is not according to any standard and will not work with snom phones or any other phone type.

I see the technical logic. I can workaround that setting only one phone to record missed calls, the others not.

But I wonder why the extensions recording missed calls does not get an email when missing a call from a hunt group.

And the logic behind the blinking message LED is still not clear to me.

Hmmmm... When the hunt group goes from one stage to another there is actually no reason to believe that there was a missed call at all. I think this is something that we should change on the hunt group. However when the caller hangs up while the phones are still ringing, those phones will still see a missed call, which is IMHO not a perfect behavior, but reasonable. In the ACD we don't have the same problem as the agents keep on ringing.