Cannot cancel Currently Active Call

fonny

Sometimes a call 'hangs' somewhere in some state. In my case an outgoing call via sip trunk

There is the option to cancel an active call (admin web i/f ->Status->Active Calls) but I cant manage to kill this call.

Clicking on the x Action button doesn't do anything.

Tried with different browsers but no luck.

Only option is to restart the pbx ;(

This is a 5.0.3 (MacOS)

Fonny

Sometimes a call 'hangs' somewhere in some state. In my case an outgoing call via sip trunk

There is the option to cancel an active call (admin web i/f ->Status->Active Calls) but I cant manage to kill this call.

Clicking on the x Action button doesn't do anything.

Tried with different browsers but no luck.

Only option is to restart the pbx ;(

This is a 5.0.3 (MacOS)

Fonny

This also happens with my ver 4.5.0.1090 - the call is actually not alive, it's just the web interface shows it's still active but it's really not = bug.

If you don't restart the PBX you will see it will clean it's self up and it does get removed from the list of active calls.

This also happens with my ver 4.5.0.1090 - the call is actually not alive, it's just the web interface shows it's still active but it's really not = bug.

If you don't restart the PBX you will see it will clean it's self up and it does get removed from the list of active calls.

Yes it will clean itself up but meanwhile I can't use the trunk.

• 1 month later...

Looks like there is someting wrong with codec switching.

Been looking everywhere to this soandso filebut cannot find it.

In test/trying I disabled the 'Lock codec during conversation' and this solved the problem.

Also the problem of losing audio in a conversation after 20-30 seconds is gone.

Looks there is still some work to do here.

Loosing a connection is OK but channel needs to become free again after disconnect as it otherwise hi-jacks the complete trunk.

In theory it is allowed to switch codecs during the conversation. But many implementations have problems with this. For example, some DSP cannot be reprogrammed quick enough when a codec change has been detected. Locking the codec down has the disadvantage that the PBX must start transcoding (translating), which reduces the conversation quality. So there is a trade-off, the default favors the quality.

In theory it is allowed to switch codecs during the conversation. But many implementations have problems with this.

And SnomONE having problems when locked :(

No way to receive any further call and the only solution is restarting the pbx!

Can I file this as a bug ?

And SnomONE having problems when locked :(

No way to receive any further call and the only solution is restarting the pbx!

Can I file this as a bug ?

Yes that would be definitively a bug. Calls should be deleted at least after the PBX does not receive any more media for more than 180 seconds I believe. If you can reproduce it and get us a PCAP trace it would be great.