DND grr

hosted

there there any hack to get this to work??

The call between sip:*79@x.io;user=phone and sip:202@x.io has been disconnected because media session was not established.

Is this only happening on the SNOM 7XX series phones? If yes, then I think my "fix" will solve the problem.

See my thread:

http://forum.snomone.com/index.php/topic/6670-snom-720-dnd-setting/

Do a quick test....in your SNOM 7XX phone web GUI under the Preference tab then find DND On: and the DND Off: remove the *78 and *79....save the settings....then press your SNOM 7X DND button and see if that fixes your problem. If it does then create a SNOM_7XX_Custom.xml file to send to your snom phones when they do PnP with custom DND settings like this...please note you need the 1 space between the > < :

<dnd_on_code perm="RW"> </dnd_on_code>
<dnd_off_code perm="RW"> </dnd_off_code>

So I notice in the 7xx PNP files...

{ifn_button dnd none}
<dnd_on_code perm="RW">{starcode code_dnde}</dnd_on_code>
<dnd_off_code perm="RW">{starcode code_dndd}</dnd_off_code>{fin_button dnd none}

what does "{ifn_button dnd none}" mean? does that mean IF there is no DND in the buttons it will take the star code?

awesome very good idea. this will cause the DND to not sync with the server right? (which i am good with to fix this)

...just for the 7XX series snom phones.....you don't want to globally set that because then all your snom 3XX and 8XX DND will stop working.

...it will still sync with the PBX but it wont try to make an audio call....meaning it won't try to dial *78 or *79 audio call which hangs on the snom 7XX phones. The DND will then work and sync....even if you turn on DND in the PBX web for a snom 7xx phone it will work and not hang the call.

So I notice in the 7xx PNP files...

{ifn_button dnd none}

<dnd_on_code perm="RW">{starcode code_dnde}</dnd_on_code>

<dnd_off_code perm="RW">{starcode code_dndd}</dnd_off_code>{fin_button dnd none}

what does "{ifn_button dnd none}" mean? does that mean IF there is no DND in the buttons it will take the star code?

Not sure what that "{ifn_button dnd none}" means.....I didn't modify any of that....I created a snom_7xx_custom.xml file and put in my 2 custom DND settings so when the snom 7XX phones do their PnP it won't add the *78/*79 to the Snom 7XX phones.

I'm using ver 4.5 and I think your using ver 5.X.....not sure how much ver 5.X has changed or where you would setup a PNP setting to send a custom xml file to the 7XX phones.

While we are waiting for a new firmware, it is time for a better workaround. For now, we will not provision the star code any more, and rely on the feature synchronization. All in all, this seems to be the best solution. At least we don't get calls when the user changes the DND state.

glory alleluia