Snom 370 don't shows name of the callee

gifti

On outgoing internal or external calls to destinations that are listed in the adressbook of the pbx, we only see the called number in the telephone display. But incoming internal or external calls are showing number AND name of the calling party.

Internal Call from 21 to 20 in 21 DIsplay:

< 20
> 21 My Name

Internal Call from 20 to 21 in 21 Display

< 20 Other Name 
> 21 My Name

Vodia: 5.1.1

Snom 370: 8.7.3.25.5

regards

gifti

Ok, now I get names from callees in the domain address book. E.g. when I call my own mobile, I see the number and my domain address book entry. But internal calls are still the same. When I call an extension I only see its number during the call (ringing, connected ..) :(. The other phone shows my name and number as calling in the first line and the name of its owner in the 2nd line.

All extensions are visible in the domain address book. If I call an extension from the address book, number an name will be shown.

I'm inserted all pbx extensions into the snom 370 adress book via provisioning (snom_3xx_phone.xml). Now there will be displayed :) .

But why is there a differnence between extensions and other address book members in the pbx? I can see the extensions as well as the other numbers in the address book. But when I call an extension (e.g. 20) the name won't be displayed. When I call a mobile number that is also in the address book, then number AND name is displayed? ...

I mean the domain address book is some kind of internal CNAM, is'nt it?

It is a complicated topic. The extensions are a kind of internal address book as well, like the domain address book, the personal address book, the google contacts and the active sync contacts. And then we have some customers running the PBX essentially as switch, where the PBX should keep the alias name when it passes it down to the "phone" (which is in that case typically another PBX). And then there are settings on the phone how to display the name and number pair on the phone, which are different for each phone (might depend on the display size). From the PBX point of view, it should use the From and To-headers appropriately and then it is the phone's job to render it properly on the display. There is also a header called P-Asserted-Identity, that (if present) overrides the From-header in the display.