2 features?

Leonmeijer

Are the following things possible with the AA?

1st.

When the AA answers the user kan press 1 for e.g. Networking and 2 for e.g. Sales.

- When 1 is pressed extension 20 will be called with dial-tone (e.g.) "Internal Call"

- When 2 is pressed extension 20 will be called but with dial-tone (e.g.) "Tone 1"

So the person can hear wherefor the caller is calling.

2nd.

When the AA answers you hear a recorded message something like "for networking press 1" (in my case in dutch) but after this recording you hear "Please enter the exention number" can i replace this with a personal wave? ("No input given, for network press 1....")? would be nice:)

Are the following things possible with the AA?

1st.

When the AA answers the user kan press 1 for e.g. Networking and 2 for e.g. Sales.

- When 1 is pressed extension 20 will be called with dial-tone (e.g.) "Internal Call"

- When 2 is pressed extension 20 will be called but with dial-tone (e.g.) "Tone 1"

So the person can hear wherefor the caller is calling.

2nd.

When the AA answers you hear a recorded message something like "for networking press 1" (in my case in dutch) but after this recording you hear "Please enter the exention number" can i replace this with a personal wave? ("No input given, for network press 1....")? would be nice:)

I can't think of anyway to send a different Ring Tone to a phone based on the AA selection (1 or 2) where they both go to the same destination. (Ext 20)

You could put a second extension registration on the same phone like Extension 21 and possibly have it ring different.

Then have the AA direct Networking calls to Extension 20 and Sales calls to Extension 21.

You can record prompts and save them in the audio_en (or audio_?? for Dutch) folder.

Just go through the prompts and look and listen for the one you want to change. Then change the existing prompts' Name to something a little different so it isn't rcorded over.

Then name your new prompt with the name of the original prompt.

The recording must be in 8 Khz Mono I believe. Check to Wiki to be sure.

Hope this helps.

Bill H

Ok, then I think i will have to upgrade my license..

About the recording, Of cource I can overwrite the original prompts but what when using 2 auto attendends, then you hear "No input found, for ... pres ..." for two diferent AA's that will be a big mass:P so that's why I suggest choose a wav file or recording for the "please enter the extension number" per AA.

Ok, then I think i will have to upgrade my license..

About the recording, Of cource I can overwrite the original prompts but what when using 2 auto attendends, then you hear "No input found, for ... pres ..." for two diferent AA's that will be a big mass:P so that's why I suggest choose a wav file or recording for the "please enter the extension number" per AA.

OK I see. You didn't mention a second AA in your previous post.

I believe that all of the AA's use the same (common) prompts for the "hard coded" responses.

I guess the only way to make it work would to be crafty and arrange your AA's in such a way that

prompts make sense no matter which AA is delivering the prompt.

Bill H

For your first request of different ring tones and possibly an LCD message you need to use the Hunt group functionality.

Create 2 hunt groups

Name each one

Set the ring tone alert

Set the Display From Header to be Group with CLI

Put each extension in the hunt group.

Now set the AA to take them to the required hunt group

So if the user presses 1 for Sales the LCD should display "Sales (1234567890)"

Recording Voice Prompts

There are two ways of recording a personalized AA message.

Dial *98xxx where xxx is your AA number

OR

Record a wave file and up load it in the AA screen through the upload wave file field and press save, now dial the AA and check the message.

Jonathan Greenwood

pbxnsip Europe

Ok I will try that with the hunt group.

I know about the personalized AA message, but I want to have a personal message for "Please enter the extension number" wich comes when the user doesn't press a # after the personal welcome message, these messages must be different for each AA, I can edit that wave file but then every AA will have the same one.

I can edit that wave file but then every AA will have the same one.

The messages used for the AA are global messages.

The PBX automatically askes for the Extension after the user doesn't input something (normally a few seconds).

• 2 months later...

Yeah, or a way to turn off that prompt altogether would be nice as well.

We have a custom recording listing the buttons to push. Then right after than the auto voice comes on telling you to push a button. We really don't need that.

Do we have to replace that global wav file with a blank wav file or something?