Agent login/logout button will not show status

I am running Vodia server 5.2.5 and Snom 720 phones running 8.7.5.35 and 8.7.3.25.

I have configure an agent group and have configured a button on the phone to allow that agent to log in and log out. When I press the button it will log the agent in and if I press it again it will log the agent out but the button never lights up when the agent is logged in. Is there any other configuration that needs to be done to make this work.

Did additional testing.

Agent was not logged in

Pressed button to log agent in. Agent did get logged in but button did not light up

Selected extension in PBX and re-synced the selected account. The button lit up.

Pressed the button to log agent out. Agent did get logged out but button did not go off.

Selected extension in PBX and re-synced the selected account. The button lit up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Figured it out.

I was using global button profile that could be assigned to multiple phones and not an extension specific profile.

I usually use a global profile because I like the ability to switch to a text-based editing window for buttons. The extension specific profile does not have the ability to switch to a text-based editing window for buttons. It would be nice to be able to switch to a text-based editing window for buttons for extension specific profiles. Perhaps this can be added in a future version.

Is the requirement to use an extension specific profile vs. a global profile for the agent login/logout status indicator to function by design or is it a bug in the system?

• 1 year later...