Trunk Setup

Joe Kelly

Hi All,

I am new to SIPNPBX and need some guidance.

I am using the CS410 embedded appliance and want to seup a trunk.

When I select SIP Registeration on the "Trunks menu" it just goes to "register" and nothing happens.

Some help and guidance appreciated.

Joe

Well Joe it looks like you have subscribed to a SIP Service Provider already. (ITSP)

Go to the trunks settings of the trunk and set the last entry "send call to extension" to a destination where you want the incoming calls to go to.

Use an extension first, it will be easier to see if it works and troublshoot if it doesn't.

Then go to the "Dial Plans" category and create a new dial plan and give it a name like SIPTrunk.

For a beginner I would suggest a simple dial plan like this:

Pref Trunk Pattern Replacement

100 SIPTrunk 9* *

Now you will dial 9 first followed by the telephone number you want to connect to.

Don't forget that you need to dial the entire number as you would from a regular telephone. Example 1 800 234-5678

Or something different if you are outside the USA.

The number of channels you receive from your SIP Provider will determin how many calls can be placed at one time.

Once you get it working, you can move on to Auto Attendants, ACD's and IVR's for call distribution.

Bill H

Well Joe it looks like you have subscribed to a SIP Service Provider already. (ITSP)

Go to the trunks settings of the trunk and set the last entry "send call to extension" to a destination where you want the incoming calls to go to.

Use an extension first, it will be easier to see if it works and troublshoot if it doesn't.

Then go to the "Dial Plans" category and create a new dial plan and give it a name like SIPTrunk.

For a beginner I would suggest a simple dial plan like this:

Pref Trunk Pattern Replacement

100 SIPTrunk 9* *

Now you will dial 9 first followed by the telephone number you want to connect to.

Don't forget that you need to dial the entire number as you would from a regular telephone. Example 1 800 234-5678

Or something different if you are outside the USA.

The number of channels you receive from your SIP Provider will determin how many calls can be placed at one time.

Once you get it working, you can move on to Auto Attendants, ACD's and IVR's for call distribution.

Bill H

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your help.

One more query.

I have purchased 30 SIP Trunks and 50 DID numbers for our ISP.

Do I setup 30 trunks in the "trunks" section for the CS410 pbxnsip ?

I am not sure of the over picture regarding the SIP trunks situation.

From looking at your suggestion, it looks like I require a "Trunks" setup for each extension in PBXNSIP?

Is this correct ?

The switching is done by the ITSP then, so I can setup each "trunk" for each extension or is my over-thinking way off.

The traditional PBX could seize any trunk and go to any extension numbers.

Many thanks

Joe Kelly

Guest kevin

That would be a drag if you had to have a registered trunk for every DID. If your ITSP can route the calls based upon one main trunk then that would be the best way to do it. Then in the alias field for the account you want to route the call to you can put tel:xxxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxxx is the DID number you want routed to that extension. Who is the ITSP?