Transfer from Cell Phone

Bill H

When a call is transfered from PBXNSIP to a cell phone how can I (if at all) transfer that call back from the cell phone?

I tried *77 which is the Transfer Feature Code and that did not work.

Is it at all possible?

Bill H

When a call is transfered from PBXNSIP to a cell phone how can I (if at all) transfer that call back from the cell phone?

I tried *77 which is the Transfer Feature Code and that did not work.

Is it at all possible?

Nope, that is not possible... The call is on a trunk.

Nope, that is not possible... The call is on a trunk.

Yes I do realize that it is on a trunk, but the same trunk is also connected to the pbx at the same time.

I thought that the Inband DTMF detection: On/Off setting had something to do with this feature.

I mean that the PBXNSIP would monitor the call/trunk/extension looking for *77 to initiate a transfer.

Since this isn't the case, what then does the Inband DTMF detection: On/Off actually do?

Bill H

Yes I do realize that it is on a trunk, but the same trunk is also connected to the pbx at the same time.

I thought that the Inband DTMF detection: On/Off setting had something to do with this feature.

I mean that the PBXNSIP would monitor the call/trunk/extension looking for *77 to initiate a transfer.

Since this isn't the case, what then does the Inband DTMF detection: On/Off actually do?

The PBX does not accept transfers from trunks. This is because otherwise it would be a huge security hole (transfer the call to somewhere in Cuba).

We could make an exception because the PBX knows that the call is to a known cell phone (and it also knows what user to charge). It is just that it is not in there. And also, currently the cell phone would have to put the call on hold first - that is practically not possible with today's cell phone providers. That would have to be changed as well.