Extension Conference

Bill H

I can create a 3 Party Conference from my phone (2 outside parties and myself) by using the COnference button.

I can not add any more parties to my conference.

Pressing the Conference button produces no action.

Is it possible to have more people in the conference using the COnference button?

Bill H

I can create a 3 Party Conference from my phone (2 outside parties and myself) by using the COnference button.

I can not add any more parties to my conference.

Pressing the Conference button produces no action.

Is it possible to have more people in the conference using the COnference button?

The 3-party is today a mainstream feature of the SIP phone. There are some phones that are able to have more than 3 parties in a conference (for example, the snom 200 was able to do that). Then this is no problem.

If you want to transfer the participants into a PBX conference, you must blind transfer the participants into the conference room. If there is no PIN everything is easy. However, if you want to use a PIN things get complicated. AFAIK Polycom supports a button that blind transfers all calls into a conference room, that seems to be the mainstream way of moving a conference to the PBX. The big question is authentication and overlap avoidance. You don't want to accidentially bump into another conference held by another extension.