Name Caller ID

Rafeh Hulays

Hi there,

How can we get a trunk to display a company Name ID. We are able to enforce on the trunk ID the number. How would we enforce the Name ID. It is important I get an answer ASAP as we will lose the customer if we are unable to come with a solution promptly.

Currently the name ID is displayed from the first and last name of the Account. We need to enforce a single company name:

Theoretically, we can put:

First name: Netfone -

Last Name: Rafeh Hulays

The problem arise when we have auto-attendant. The search feature works with the first and last name. If the caller in the above situation keys in Raf, then the call is routed correctly. If the caller keys in Hul, the call will not routed correctly. We have to have then the ability to explicitely ask the caller to key in the first name of the person. We do not have this ability at present.

Rafeh Hulays

Hi there,

How can we get a trunk to display a company Name ID. We are able to enforce on the trunk ID the number. How would we enforce the Name ID. It is important I get an answer ASAP as we will lose the customer if we are unable to come with a solution promptly.

Currently the name ID is displayed from the first and last name of the Account. We need to enforce a single company name:

Theoretically, we can put:

First name: Netfone -

Last Name: Rafeh Hulays

The problem arise when we have auto-attendant. The search feature works with the first and last name. If the caller in the above situation keys in Raf, then the call is routed correctly. If the caller keys in Hul, the call will not routed correctly. We have to have then the ability to explicitely ask the caller to key in the first name of the person. We do not have this ability at present.

Rafeh Hulays

It sounds like you have 2 questions here, both revolving around the Address Book.

Names in the Address Book can be displayed on incomming calls when the callers Caller ID matches a telephone number in the Address Book.

So I am going to re-write your question a little differently.

Q. How can we get a trunk to display a (company) Name ID. We need to enforce a single company name.

A. The Address Book doesn't have a "Company Name" area, it only has a "Name" area.

To get a single name try this with 2 different Address Book entries:

First name: Netfone

Last Name: (Blank)

First name: Rafeh

Last Name: (Blank)

This should give you a Single Name when a call comes in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. We have to have then the ability to explicitely ask the caller to key in the first name of the person. We do not have this ability at present.

A. You do have the ability by re-recording the Auto Attendants prompt.

Have it say "Please enter the first three digits of the company name or the first three digits of the persons first name"

Give the caller the exact options they need to complete the call.

I hope this helps you

Bill H

The aito-attendand works as follow:

message 1: You reached netfone services inc., please dial your extension. If you want to search our directory press 8

Message 2: please enter the name of the person you would like to call

I can change message 1 but do I change message 2 to say:

please enter the first name of the person you would like to call

Rafeh

Q. We have to have then the ability to explicitely ask the caller to key in the first name of the person. We do not have this ability at present.

A. You do have the ability by re-recording the Auto Attendants prompt.

Have it say "Please enter the first three digits of the company name or the first three digits of the persons first name"

Give the caller the exact options they need to complete the call.

I hope this helps you

Bill H

The aito-attendand works as follow:

message 1: You reached netfone services inc., please dial your extension. If you want to search our directory press 8

Message 2: please enter the name of the person you would like to call

I can change message 1 but do I change message 2 to say:

please enter the first name of the person you would like to call

Rafeh

What you are calling "Message 2" isn't a Message, it is a Prompt.

You need to re-record the the Prompt.

Look in Audio_en folder in PBXNSIP (for English)

There is a prompt called aa_enter_first_name.wav

Double click on it and listen to it. It should be what you are looking for.

Next. Save it with a new name like aa_enter_first_name_original.wav. This way you always have it for future use.

Next. Using Windows Sound Recorder or Goldwave record a new prompt with "please enter the first name of the person you would like to call"

Next. Save this new prompt with the name aa_enter_first_name.wav in the Audio_en folder.

Note: Be sure to record the new prompt with a Bit Rate of 128K, Audio Sample 16 Bit, Sample Rate of 8K, Mono and PCM

Do all that and you will be all set....

Bill H

I think the issues is on outbound calls on a trunk you can specify the DID but you can't specify the friendly name. You can grab it off the extension but what if a company wants to always send "my company 978-555-1212" so the company is sent and not Joe Blow 978-555-1212. There is no way to specify this and if you screw around with the extension name then the dial by name is not applicable. Some swithches and service providers will pass the friendly name.