Problem with remote calls through PBX in office and out

Martin

We have a PBXnSIP installed on our server at the office and all our snom 300 phones work fine. We are recording all calls - no problems there.

Now I have installed a Snom 300 phone at home and I want to record calls on this phone as well going through the PBXnSIP at the office.

We have opened ports in the router at the office and I get a local number and can call the office - and they can call me. Seems like everything is ok.

But I can not call external telephone numbers - only the local numbers to the office.

Can anyone help me?

Martin

But I can not call external telephone numbers - only the local numbers to the office.

That sounds like a problem with the assignment of a dial plan to the extension. The domain has a default dial plan which applies to all extensions, check if it is set. Alternatively, you can also check the dial plan that has been assigned specifically for that extension.

If you can call other extensions, that means that there is no problem with NAT.

Is the logic answer, but we double-checked and the remote extension has the same dial plan than the local extensions. It's clear that the problem is something related to the dial plan, but we can't figure out what it is.

As you said, there is no problem with nat, as we can make local calls.

There is some precedent of this?

Thanks!

Is the logic answer, but we double-checked and the remote extension has the same dial plan than the local extensions. It's clear that the problem is something related to the dial plan, but we can't figure out what it is.

As you said, there is no problem with nat, as we can make local calls.

There is some precedent of this?

Thanks!

Look at the "Block Outgoing Caller-ID" option on the extension settings.

Make sure it is set to "No".

If it set to "Yes" and your trunk does not support it, the call will fail.

----------------------------------------

Next option:

Re-program the remote extension the same extension number as a working phone in your office.

This way it will register with working extension assignments.

If it doesn't work then your problem is not in PBXNSIP.

Then start looking at the settings in the remote Snom.

Hope this helps.

Bill H

First, thanks for your interest!

The "block outgoing caller-ID" is already set to "no".

We "clone" the configuration of another working phone, and it has the same 3-digit extension format, 2xx, and the same exact configuration.

As we said, the phone in the pbx it's configured with the same dial plan and the same exact options than the local phones.

mmm...yep. The outbound proxy setting is empty in the trunk. Because of that the local phones works perfectly but not a remote phone? what is the correct input for the outbound proxy setting for the remote phone to work?

When a SIP INVITE comes in, the PBX needs to make a decision if that call comes from a trunk or an extension. The outbound proxy of the trunk is used for that - if it is missing then it is wide open and matches any incoming request. The PBX later assigns the call to an extension if the authentication is okay, but until then it is treated like a trunk call.

So it is easy, just set the outbound proxy and give it a try.