can not transfer using polycom 320 v2.x phone

atilla.gahbro

Whow. Do you have the SIP messages in the log for that?

I have seen this for several releases now - and I feel it's more of a polycom issue.

This is the way I wrote it up in our user manual:

It is very important to realize that there are TWO types of call transfers: One is called an ATTENDED TRANSFER and the other is a BLIND TRANSFER.

ATTENDED TRANSFER

ATTENDED TRANSFER – used exclusively for announcing a transfer to another party.

i.e. “Hey Jane, I have a caller on the line for you” – Essentially; this is considered an internal call between John and Jane.

For Example:

• A Call comes in (Either Internal or External)

• John answers on Extension 8300 – Realizes it’s for Jane.

• John hits TRANSFER

• John dials Ext 8302 for Jane

• Jane’s phone rings (and John can hear it ring on his end)

• Jane picks up – and John states “I have a call for you... “

• Jane says “OK, Thank you”

• John hits TRANSFER again on his phone.

• ** The call leaves John’s phone and is transferred to Jane

BLIND TRANSFER:

BLIND TRANSFER – used when you have an active call on your phone, and there is no need to alert the other party that you are transferring a call to them.

For example:

• A Call comes in

• John answers on Extension 8300 – Realizes it’s for Jane.

• John hits TRANSFER

• John hits BLIND

• John dials Ext 8302 for Jane

• John hits TRANSFER again

• ** The call leaves John’s phone and is transferred to Jane

• Jane has no idea that John transferred the call to her, as the original caller ID is showing on her display.

Both of these TRANSFERS are acceptable – provided all steps in each scenario are followed:

**The most important key to an ATTENDED transfer is that the party that is receiving the transfer actually picks up the phone before the original caller hits TRANSFER.

For example - If John transfers a call to Jane and while Jane’s phone is ringing, and John hits TRANSFER again - the call will likely fail.

For example - If John transfers a call to Jane and while Jane’s phone is ringing, and John hits TRANSFER again - the call will likely fail.

Wow, I've never seen that in any of our Polycom systems. I've just tried it now and if you press transfer again before the other party picks up it just carries on ringing. This is on v3 of the polycom firmware though - any reason why you don't want to upgrade?

Wow, I've never seen that in any of our Polycom systems. I've just tried it now and if you press transfer again before the other party picks up it just carries on ringing. This is on v3 of the polycom firmware though - any reason why you don't want to upgrade?

one thing is that if you are transfering to an auto attendant and hear the greeting and then press transfer the call discoes anyway. i will try transfering to another station and see what happens.

as for the upgrade, its just a matter of figuring out how to do that via tghe pbxnsip switch. we havent figured that one out yet.

We are using 2.2.0 code right now - thinking about upgrading to 2.2.2 released in December.