Time Problem

CobaltFlux

I just purchased the CS410. I updated it to the firmware to the latest version aviable at the time. Currently running 3.0.0.2913.

The time on the appliance is always incorrect. I have tried logging in and pinging the NTP server and I don't get a response. (The DNS resolves because my Small Business Service is also our DNS server but no response back).

Any suggestions?

I just purchased the CS410. I updated it to the firmware to the latest version aviable at the time. Currently running 3.0.0.2913.

The time on the appliance is always incorrect. I have tried logging in and pinging the NTP server and I don't get a response. (The DNS resolves because my Small Business Service is also our DNS server but no response back).

If you are using both Ethernet interfaces make sure that you have only one IP gateway set. This is a problem if you are using DHCP on eth0 and static IP on eth2. In that case you can solve the problem by using statc IP on both ports or by telling the DHCP server not to provide the default IP gateway for the MAC address of eth0.

But you are right, PING must work, otherwise it is hopeless.

That took care of the issue. It is now pulling times correctly and setting service flags at the right times. Thank you.

However, now I have a different issue (though this might not be the right place to post it). When an extension picks up an incoming call, the auto attendant plays during the conversation. My secretary told me that on an incoming call today it started playing a few moments after she answered the phone. I have had it happen to me as well. I answered the phone, the caller was there and it played the auto attendant message. We have a recorded message for the autoattendant

I'm thinking that the caller is hitting more keys then they need to but it is difficult to tell. I asked my secratary to let me know if it happens again immediately so I could save the log from the call.

That took care of the issue. It is now pulling times correctly and setting service flags at the right times. Thank you.

However, now I have a different issue (though this might not be the right place to post it). When an extension picks up an incoming call, the auto attendant plays during the conversation. My secretary told me that on an incoming call today it started playing a few moments after she answered the phone. I have had it happen to me as well. I answered the phone, the caller was there and it played the auto attendant message. We have a recorded message for the autoattendant

I'm thinking that the caller is hitting more keys then they need to but it is difficult to tell. I asked my secratary to let me know if it happens again immediately so I could save the log from the call.

The cross-talking could be a problem with the analog lines. Maybe there is a line connected twice.

Also make sure that you have the RTP ports for the PSTN gateway in a good range (e.g. 2048- 4096).