CO Line Pickup

jlumby

On snom phones if you have a button monitoring the CO lines, you can put a call on hold, and the CO line will blink on the other snomes. If you go to another snom phone, you can pick up the call by pressing the CO line that the call is holding on. My question is if you want to pickup the call holding on the CO line from a non snom phone, or one that does not have buttons associated with the CO line, can you do it? I have my CO lines numbered 701 and up. I cannot dial *87701 to pickup the call from another phone.

On snom phones if you have a button monitoring the CO lines, you can put a call on hold, and the CO line will blink on the other snomes. If you go to another snom phone, you can pick up the call by pressing the CO line that the call is holding on. My question is if you want to pickup the call holding on the CO line from a non snom phone, or one that does not have buttons associated with the CO line, can you do it? I have my CO lines numbered 701 and up. I cannot dial *87701 to pickup the call from another phone.

Do you want to pickup or retrieve the call? Retrieve is *86701...

Star codes are not very popular because they are so hard to use!

Here is the situation

Call comes in on CO line 701 and is answered by a SNOM phone.

The call is put on hold.

I want to do whatever is necessary to take the call on a NON snom phone. (without parking or transfering)

This can currently be achieved if the second phone IS a snom, and you press the button corrisponding with the co line.

Here is the situation

Call comes in on CO line 701 and is answered by a SNOM phone.

The call is put on hold.

I want to do whatever is necessary to take the call on a NON snom phone. (without parking or transfering)

This can currently be achieved if the second phone IS a snom, and you press the button corrisponding with the co line.

Well, that the snom phones do is dialling a star code... Problem is, that star code (something like *602xxx) includes the call-number - which is hard to guess if the PBX does not tell you.

Why don't you just park the call? That can also be put on a button, and then the pickup can be done with a regular star code.

Just looking for an easy way to transition a small office that is used to a system where they can just tell the other person that the call is holding on line 2. The more we can mimic what people are used to, plus add new features of VoIP, the easier the systems are to sell.